Items with no label
3335 Discussions

Hi, I am getting repeated frame numbers when trying to read the frame number or frame counter, with "rs2::frame.get_number()". for example I can get 3 frames that are numbered 8. Anyone has encountered / solved this?

omerwax
Beginner

I am using the D435 camera, FW Ver - 05.10.13.00, Latest SDK 2.20.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

I did further research and saw indications that these kinds of frame number problems may occur if auto-exposure is enabled.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Could you check please if the hardware timestamp of the frames is also the same, please? This is because Dorodnic the RealSense SDK Manager answered to a user with the problem of repeated frames with the same frame number and HW timestamp:

"This is the expected (or at least possible) behavior. This can happen when one of the streams drops frames (in that case we will return last known frame from that stream). If you are building the SDK from source, please make sure to build with -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release You can also try reducing the total resolution".

0 Kudos
omerwax
Beginner

Hi,

I have run a test that also reads the timestamp, I have attached the output. The frame num is the same but the timestamp is different.

Omer

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Thank you very much for comparing the hardware timestamps. The reason that I asked about this is because if the frame number is repeated but the hardware timestamp is different, that is considered to be an abnormal behavior.

https://github.com/IntelRealSense/librealsense/issues/2214#issuecomment-411392390

Are you recording the data to a file such as a bag, please?

0 Kudos
omerwax
Beginner

Hi,

I am not using ROS so no, I am just printing debug messages to the terminal.

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Does the frame number duplication occur less if the resolution is reduced, please?​

0 Kudos
omerwax
Beginner

Hi,

Tries to lower the resolution to 640x480, got the same result

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

I did further research and saw indications that these kinds of frame number problems may occur if auto-exposure is enabled.

0 Kudos