Items with no label
3335 Discussions

How to get SR300 working on Windows 10 Build 1703 - Including SDK Apps such as Segmentation (Updated 5/17/2017)

CSinl
Novice

Hello everyone!

Just as a reference, I am a Microsoft Engineer working off the books because I was directly affected by this issue since updating to Windows 10 Creators Update. Please note that this post does not reflect any of the opinions or views of this company and is completely of my own. The reason why I actually ended up working on this was because I am a Video Game Streamer on my leisure time when I am not working. I have confirmed this is a Intel Driver Issue for your reference.

With these steps I was able to get FULL functionality from my Razer Stargazer Webcam(SR300) after performing this fix/workaround. The reason why you can only use the imaging sensor is because the Virtual Driver is not actually installed. This should work in theory for Insider Builds as the same principle applies.

If you have the following item that is circled, this fix does not apply to you. But you should not have to do this if you aren't on the latest build of Windows 10.

Please ensure you are running the latest build of Windows 10. Windows 10 Version 1703 to be exact. Here is my OS Build for your reference. This is not a Insider Build. Results may vary if you are on a Insider Build.

EDIT (5/17/2017): I have tested this with the latest build, 15063.296

Step 1: Go to the Settings App and Ensure All Updates are Completed

EDIT: Once Completed, Open a Run Box (Windows Key + R) and type the following command:

SystemPropertiesHardware.Exe

In the Windows that appears, click "Device Installation Settings"

Then Select, "No, your device may not work as expected."

Side Note: Once Intel releases an actual fix, you can turn this back on at a later date.

Step 2: Open up the Device Manager. You can either access this by accessing a Run Prompt and typing "devmgmt.msc" in the field and click "ok" or right-click/windows key + "X"

to access it. Keep in mind that you do need Administrative Privileges.

Right-click and delete the highlighted drivers. Keep in mind, my machine is working, so I do have a SR300 Virtual Driver.

When prompted, ensure you delete the driver software for the devices. Check the box and say "Ok".

Step 3: Restart the Device

Step 4: Being Plug and Play enabled, wait for a notification in the Action Center or a toast notification to restart to complete a driver installation for a Intel RealSense device.

Step 5: Restart the device

Step 6: Download the following link: http://download.microsoft.com/download/F/2/2/F22D5FDB-59CD-4275-8C95-1BE17BF70B21/wushowhide.diagcab http://download.microsoft.com/download/F/2/2/F22D5FDB-59CD-4275-8C95-1BE17BF70B21/wushowhide.diagcab

http://download.microsoft.com/download/F/2/2/F22D5FDB-59CD-4275-8C95-1BE17BF70B21/wushowhide.diagcab http://download.microsoft.com/download/F/2/2/F22D5FDB-59CD-4275-8C95-1BE17BF70B21/wushowhide.diagcab

This is a troubleshooter to hide/block updates that can cause issues with Windows. Run the tool and high any Intel Realsense Drivers that are newer than

09/22/2016

Step 7: If already installed, remove DCM. Then Install DCM(Right-Click and Run as administrator.) Ensure you have the latest version of DCM installed. Firmware Update your camera if you can(It is not required.)

Step 8: Open up device manager and ensure all Imaging devices are underneath the Imaging Device Class. You should see the following:

Open up the Properties on the Depth Sensor Driver. Verify that it says the following:

Edit (5/17/2017:) If the driver is older than this, that is fine as well. If the driver is from 2006(which is should be if you properly deleted your drivers), please do the following:

Click on "Update Driver"

Click on "Browse my computer for driver software"

Click on "Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer"

Un-Check "Show Compatible Hardware"

Select "Intel" as the Manufacturer.

Select "Intel (R) Realsense(TM) Camera SR300 Driver and next

Restart the device afterward.

Step 9: Verify that Windows Hello works, Open Camera App, and even an app of your choice that may use the SDK.

I...

94 Replies
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Thanks so much for that information, Sebastian!

0 Kudos
HBert2
Beginner

I am waiting for this fix too !

0 Kudos
WKame
Beginner

To be honest I am shocked by the missing profesionalism by Intel and Microsoft regarding this matter. This camera is not really a bargain and for months now the owners are waiting for a simple working install procedure of this camera (and for the Razer Stargazer, too).

This grade of missing willingness and customer orientation is beyond belive.

The aswer from Intel : "downgrade your Windows Installation .." is unacceptable. More than that: IT IS A SHAME!

No wonder so many People switch to MACs ...

Intel: this is totally unprofessional what you are doing with your own products!!!!

0 Kudos
WKame
Beginner

Still nothing? INTEL: WAKE UP!!!!!!!!!

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

An update announcement was posted at the top of the forum front page on 10 July, though it just says "Windows 10 Creator (build 15063 or higher) driver for Intel RealSense SR300 Camera still pending. Arrival date is not set. We will update the RealSense Community when we have more information."

0 Kudos
MWald3
Novice

I HAVE AN UPDATE!

Might be helpful for Intel to fix it. Look at this Screen shot.

Now - the camera has been working since the 8th, I had to do a total reinstall.. Now here's where the fun begins. If you notice I turned ON the Other products today.

Then shortly I get some updates, but they are NOT TO THE CAMERA! They are Visual C++ 2010 X86 - Then the camera refused to work.

EUREKA ! I see, said the blind man. The Runtime broke the camera. The VC patches apparently have some code conflicts. PLUS WHEN YOU UNINSTALL THE VC2010 SP1 UPDATE, it asks to shut down the Razer Synapse! That also makes sense as the camera software comes with the VC Runtimes that are NOT updated.

So now I will have to reinstall Windows and everything else, but the camera is broken because of these updates. So it may be easier to find, Intel.

And if that helps you out, the usual fee please.. Just kidding..

MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Great feedback, Matthew! I have forwarded it to the relevant guy at Intel who is handling the announcements for this problem to make sure they see this. Many thanks!

0 Kudos
JLabi
Beginner

Has anyone read the new 'update'? Am I reading it right that Intel just recommend going back to drivers that don't work and try and use the various workarounds?

I'm really getting frustrated!

0 Kudos
SGing
Novice

Yes, it seems it is exactly that.

The great announcement is that they obviously "go back" (from where?) to the latest drivers that DO. NOT. WORK!

Sorry, but that is simply not acceptable. Go and FIX that.

NONE of the workarounds work. I tried all of them, and I tried them more than once or twice. Besides the money for the camera I sank uncountable HOURS of WORK into this and its just not working.

I want the FIXED driver you promised me end of JUNE ("within a week") NOW, and not some announcements telling me to stick with the not working crap. Sorry, but now I am really pissed. Really, really pissed.

0 Kudos
JLabi
Beginner

OK, so now I'm baffled....

Background: I had all sorts of problems but did manage to get the depth sensing working with the OP's updated instructions and it was working for a couple of weeks and then Xsplit updated and the depth sensing broke again. The camera worked but no depth sensing and Xsplit kept saying no depth sensing and to install the Intel RealSense SDK.

Since then I've just been keeping an eye on these forums for a proper fix from Intel. After reading the 'update' I though I'd try something.

I can't say this will work for anyone but it might be worth a try..

1. Plugged Camera into External powered USB3.0 hub
  2. Made System Restore point
  3. Downloaded DCM software Intel say to use (the old, broken one) and installed. The software said it was already installed so chose the 'remove' option, then re-ran installer and chose 'install'. System detected the camera and installed the software.
  4. Checked my device manager (yup, all the required bits are there)

5. Xsplit still complained about the SDK.
  6. Downloaded and installed the SDK Esentials and SDK User Background Segmentation drivers (https://software.intel.com/en-us/intel-realsense-sdk/download Intel® RealSense™ SDK | Intel® Software )
  7. Everything is now working!

I have no idea how this is suddenly working after all this time!!

Don't get me wrong, Intel still need to fix this properly.

I've noticed that Windows is, as I speak, downloading a new Intel Depth Sense driver. I will let it install and see if this breaks anything (I'll respond in a bit).

0 Kudos
JLabi
Beginner

Update: It was 2017-07 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1703 for x64-based Systems (KB4032188) that was installed and this:

Although looking at device manager that driver doesn't appear to show anywhere and all the Intel RealSense hardware is still showing. And best of all my depth sensing is still working!

One this to note is that I've got my Windows updates set to give me the Current Branch for Business which means I don't get the very newest MS updates straight away.

Good luck all, hopefully we'll get a proper update from Intel/Razer/Microsoft soon.

0 Kudos
WKame
Beginner

shame on Intel for this bad performance. Still does not work for me ....

0 Kudos
MWald3
Novice

I had to do a TOTAL REINSTALL of Windows and everything to get it working AFTER it was broken.

In order to find out what the problem was I turned OFF the option:

Then turned It on three weeks later. Then noticed the ONLY two updates were the VC 2010 update. Then the camera stopped working.

Unfortunately, if you are unable to do a fresh reinstall of Windows (and I know many of you can't do that) it may not work if you get the new driver. If fixed or not.

0 Kudos
bs9
Beginner

Windows 10 64 Bit Build 16273.1000 SR300 Camera background removal works in XSplit

I did the windows 10 preview update today (16273.1000). then checked xsplit to see if the camera would remove the background.

it did not.

then i checked this thread for any updates. none,

so i installed the SDK User Background Segmentation.

Rebooted and the camera worked. no issues after multiple reboots on 2 separate (yet very similar) systems.

DCM was already installed. Drivers were already installed. (including the virtual driver)

Downloaded and installed the SDK User Background Segmentation drivers (https://software.intel.com/en-us/intel-realsense-sdk/download Intel® RealSense™ SDK | Intel® Software )

after the windows tech preview update and bam!! it all worked without issues!

no fresh reinstall of windows 10. i did not remove any old updates. or any patches that were giving us issues.

I only did a windows update and installed the SDK User Background Segmentation

System Specs for reference if anyone runs into problems. maybe it was a recent BIOS update i performed on those motherboards?

Old BIOS was 0903 and the cameras were not working. BIOS was updated yesterday but the cameras did not work after moving to BIOS 1603.

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Awesome feedback, thanks so much! I'll make sure that the information gets to the Intel person who has been handling the SR300 camera issue. Have a great day!

0 Kudos
FCUET
Beginner

except it doesn't work either...

Installing Intel RealSense SDK User Background Segmentation for Windows doesn't help AT ALL.

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

In a case yesterday where the Windows Build 15063 issue was strongly suspected as the cause of a malfunctioning SR300 after eliminating the likelihood of other causes, the user got their camera working by connecting the camera to their Macbook's external USB-C to HDMI/USB extension. This likely produced a similar effect to using a mains-powered USB hub instead of plugging the camera directly into the PC's USB port.

0 Kudos
bs9
Beginner

I streamed gameplay all weekend long without issues using XSplit Boradcaster and realsense background removal. RAZER Stragazer on Windows 10 Build 16273.1000 removed the background without issue.

it is an SR300 realsense camera.

installing build 16275.1000 tonight and will post results tomorrow

if it doesn't work AT ALL, then explain why, (build 16273.1000 and then installing the background SDK), mine is working on 2 different computers? when it hasn't been working since this issue showed up

I did not install a fresh windows version, i have not used any previous work arounds. I check the cameras after each build, hoping they started working.

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

I look forward to hearing about your test results, SWTOR.

0 Kudos
bs9
Beginner

Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Tech Preview Build 16275.1000 Intel RealSense works on the SR300 camera.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcSwgsWbcbQ Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Tech Preview Build 16275.1000 Intel RealSense works on the SR300 camera. - YouTube

0 Kudos
bs9
Beginner

Imaging Devices

-- Intel (R) RealSense(TM) Camera SR300 Virtual Driver

driver version is 12.11.38.553

dated 6/8/2016

sorry it was behind the signature in the stream/video

0 Kudos