Items with no label
3335 Discussions

How to get SR300 working on Windows 10 Build 1703 - Including SDK Apps such as Segmentation (Updated 5/17/2017)

CSinl
Novice

Hello everyone!

Just as a reference, I am a Microsoft Engineer working off the books because I was directly affected by this issue since updating to Windows 10 Creators Update. Please note that this post does not reflect any of the opinions or views of this company and is completely of my own. The reason why I actually ended up working on this was because I am a Video Game Streamer on my leisure time when I am not working. I have confirmed this is a Intel Driver Issue for your reference.

With these steps I was able to get FULL functionality from my Razer Stargazer Webcam(SR300) after performing this fix/workaround. The reason why you can only use the imaging sensor is because the Virtual Driver is not actually installed. This should work in theory for Insider Builds as the same principle applies.

If you have the following item that is circled, this fix does not apply to you. But you should not have to do this if you aren't on the latest build of Windows 10.

Please ensure you are running the latest build of Windows 10. Windows 10 Version 1703 to be exact. Here is my OS Build for your reference. This is not a Insider Build. Results may vary if you are on a Insider Build.

EDIT (5/17/2017): I have tested this with the latest build, 15063.296

Step 1: Go to the Settings App and Ensure All Updates are Completed

EDIT: Once Completed, Open a Run Box (Windows Key + R) and type the following command:

SystemPropertiesHardware.Exe

In the Windows that appears, click "Device Installation Settings"

Then Select, "No, your device may not work as expected."

Side Note: Once Intel releases an actual fix, you can turn this back on at a later date.

Step 2: Open up the Device Manager. You can either access this by accessing a Run Prompt and typing "devmgmt.msc" in the field and click "ok" or right-click/windows key + "X"

to access it. Keep in mind that you do need Administrative Privileges.

Right-click and delete the highlighted drivers. Keep in mind, my machine is working, so I do have a SR300 Virtual Driver.

When prompted, ensure you delete the driver software for the devices. Check the box and say "Ok".

Step 3: Restart the Device

Step 4: Being Plug and Play enabled, wait for a notification in the Action Center or a toast notification to restart to complete a driver installation for a Intel RealSense device.

Step 5: Restart the device

Step 6: Download the following link: http://download.microsoft.com/download/F/2/2/F22D5FDB-59CD-4275-8C95-1BE17BF70B21/wushowhide.diagcab http://download.microsoft.com/download/F/2/2/F22D5FDB-59CD-4275-8C95-1BE17BF70B21/wushowhide.diagcab

http://download.microsoft.com/download/F/2/2/F22D5FDB-59CD-4275-8C95-1BE17BF70B21/wushowhide.diagcab http://download.microsoft.com/download/F/2/2/F22D5FDB-59CD-4275-8C95-1BE17BF70B21/wushowhide.diagcab

This is a troubleshooter to hide/block updates that can cause issues with Windows. Run the tool and high any Intel Realsense Drivers that are newer than

09/22/2016

Step 7: If already installed, remove DCM. Then Install DCM(Right-Click and Run as administrator.) Ensure you have the latest version of DCM installed. Firmware Update your camera if you can(It is not required.)

Step 8: Open up device manager and ensure all Imaging devices are underneath the Imaging Device Class. You should see the following:

Open up the Properties on the Depth Sensor Driver. Verify that it says the following:

Edit (5/17/2017:) If the driver is older than this, that is fine as well. If the driver is from 2006(which is should be if you properly deleted your drivers), please do the following:

Click on "Update Driver"

Click on "Browse my computer for driver software"

Click on "Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer"

Un-Check "Show Compatible Hardware"

Select "Intel" as the Manufacturer.

Select "Intel (R) Realsense(TM) Camera SR300 Driver and next

Restart the device afterward.

Step 9: Verify that Windows Hello works, Open Camera App, and even an app of your choice that may use the SDK.

I...

94 Replies
SMarg1
Beginner

I followed your instructions step by step. But I couldn't make sure my driver isn't newer than 9/22/2016.

The driver installation was 5/8/2017 and there was nothing I could have done in order to change that. I tried to roll back, but that gave me something from 2006, which is clearly the wrong thing

I didn't get a virtual driver at any point.

I was able to follow your instructions all the way up to step 7. But at that point I had no relevant update to hide, and from that point onward my driver has not been as you instructed and I can only guess that this is why my camera and everything related to it is still not working.

Thanks for the detailed explanation.

Shani

0 Kudos
CSinl
Novice

I have updated the post. Give it a shot. I have done this to 3 devices with no issues.

0 Kudos
JLabi
Beginner

Thanks for the details instruction Slothameedees. Unfortunately I have the exactly the same problem as Shanister. Hopefully Intel will soon fix this as Razer have washed their hands of this and are simply blaming Microsoft

0 Kudos
CSinl
Novice

I have updated the post. Give it a shot. I have done this to 3 devices with no issues.

0 Kudos
SMarg1
Beginner

Thanks for the update Slothameedees

It works for me now, but I couldn't follow your exact steps (but it still works).

I had to uninstall the DCM which was installed on my machine before starting your guide. When it was installed I still got the update 5/8/2017.

As well, when I reinstalled the DCM (step 7) I got the update again.

So finally, I followed your instructions step by step, without the DCM installed (ever). It took a couple of restarts and uninstalling the drivers from the device manager, but the virtual driver finally appeared.

I did not install the DCM. I did not have the update from 5/8/2017 available within the hidden updates either.

Thanks a lot! Depth camera finally working (and I hope that won't change anytime soon).

I'm adding a picture of the depth output as a proof

0 Kudos
CSinl
Novice

Trust me, It is a simple thing to blame someone else. I just wanted to prove a point that it was not my company at fault. If we as a company don't provide updates, things wouldn't be as secure and you also wouldn't have the things we have today. This is what we call Progression.

CSinl
Novice

Appears that is a new update pushed through Windows Updates. I just installed it on my device and noticed that it removed the virtual driver. I will let you two know my results.

0 Kudos
KMast
Beginner

Hi,

I've also tried your steps a few times yesterday. Thanks for sharing this.

Tested it several times to go sure:

The problem is that the Window Update is not blocked correctly. The 5/8/2017-update, that is causing most of the recent trouble, shows up in the diagcab as hidden, but gets installed every time via Windows Update.

My Windows 10 version is 15063.296, so only a minor difference to yours.

I just don't know why the driver update isn't blocked properly. Otherwise the fix would work great. Why in the world they release a driver update, that breaks things? Intel, are you serious?

This driver update even uninstalls the old DCM drivers, thats why you can't roll back as soon as the one from May 17 are on your machine. Nasty. Rolling back then brings you those old 2006 drivers, but the Virtual driver will not work with these and stays hidden.

I couldn't manage to bring the 2016-drivers (version 3.3.27) in place and have it working without the installer. This might help, because that 5/8/2017-update would have nothing to uninstall and and possibly you could roll back to those 2016 drivers that work...

Still some work to do. Shame on Intel for that and for leaving customers with something like "It's broken, live with it for now!".

Greetings from Germany,

Kevin

0 Kudos
CSinl
Novice

Kevin,

I have already determined a workaround, that is verified working. Luckily I had the day off to test this myself. Since I wrote this, my device has been updated to Version 1703 (OS Build 15063.296.,) which is the same as yours. I will hopefully update the main post when I get the chance. Here is a picture for proof:

I will reply back when the post has been updated.

Thanks,

Christopher

0 Kudos
GMorg3
Novice

Excellent job! Thank you.

0 Kudos
CSinl
Novice

I have updated the post/steps required to fix. Best of luck!

0 Kudos
ZPawl
Novice

I did like this:

I did work around. Shame Intel, Windows and Razer dev team.

1st. Go to Device Manager.

2nd. Go to Imagining Devices:

Right click - Intel(R) RealSense (TM) Camera SR300 Depth - delete with uninstall checkbox.

Right click - Intel(R) RealSense (TM) Camera SR300 RGB - uninstall.

Important: Don't restart PC yet till you deleted both.

If system ask to restart click No, and delete secondary driver and select Yes, if both deleted.

3rd. Restart PC

4th. Auto plug and play detect.

5th. Restart PC

6th. Try install intel_rs_dcm_sr300_3.3.27.5718.exe - if succesful go step 7th, if no go step 2nd, and continue.

7th. Checked version of installed drivers..

If version and date are same as mine ur home baby, if not keep uninstalling drivers from device manager, but don't reinstall DCM - just skip that point. My Date and Version showed correct after few reapets of all steps:

/servlet/JiveServlet/showImage/2-475529-368399/RGB.jpg /servlet/JiveServlet/showImage/2-475529-368398/Depth.jpg /servlet/JiveServlet/showImage/2-475529-368508/VirtualDriver.jpg

0 Kudos
CSinl
Novice

That was practically my workaround, prior to the latest builds of 1703 Creators Update. I am glad to know that it worked out for you in the end.

0 Kudos
SGing
Novice

Hello. This does not work. Neither the workaround posted by Slothameedees nor the update by shanister and also not the additional info provided by BiqGames.

I went through an seemingly endless loop of uninstall and re-installing the camera. I even did a complete fresh installation of Windows. I now ended up having these drivers:

Intel(R) RealSense(TM) Camera SR300 Depth - 3.3.27.5718 as of 2016-09-22 by Intel(R) Corporation

Intel(R) RealSense(TM) Camera SR300 RGB - 10.0.15063.0 as of 2006-06-21 by Microsoft

Intel(R) RealSense(TM) Camera SR300 Virtual Driver - 12.11.38.553 as of 2016-06-08 by Intel

Windows Hello does work, but NO other software can access the camera (i.e. no Skype, not the Windows Camera App, no OBS, even not the Intel Camera Explorer from the RealSense SDK). All other programs say that the camera apparently is in use by another application (it isn't, and the camera is also not active - no green light).

I'm a bit annoyed. I bought this really expensive camera, and now the only thing it can do is to log me in to my computer. And not remove the background for streaming, what is what I actually bought it for and also not capable of doing simple RGB pictures or videos, which is most annoying as I rely on Skype quite a lot on my job.

0 Kudos
CSENS
Novice

Works perfect...at leats for me... THANK YOU.... A tricky point tho : uninstall all RSSDK..and reinstall the DCM...before installing DCM search for devices on the device manager....then run DCM setup...

CSENS
Novice

This is the evidence that it WORKS ..

0 Kudos
eakba
Beginner

Thank you , but now I have a big problem. previous time the RGB camera works but after doing these steps it doesn't work too. Please guide me .

0 Kudos
JLabi
Beginner

So I applied all these workarounds and finally got the camera to work and then the software I use (XSplit) updates and I'm back to square one.

I've been keep an eye on the announcement at the top of this page MartyG?

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

I don't have any updates on the Creators Update situation, sadly. Intel support staff member Jesus G posts updates at the top of the forum where you have been looking as soon as he has something new on the situation to report.

I really do understand your frustration at the wait. I'm waiting myself for the result of the Intel Level Up 2017 game contest that was due out a month today. They said they'd had so many entries that it'd take them weeks to sort through. I would have offered to help sort the entries, but as an entrant myself it would cast suspicion on the result. So I just have to be patient. I hope very much that you get the results you need soon.

SGing
Novice

I was in contact with intel support directly as the workaround also did not work for me.

8 Days ago they told me

Regarding your latest request, the only option right now is to wait for a fix, Intel is now working on releasing a fixed driver for Windows Creator Build. We expect the fixed driver to be ready within next week.

Well, as said this was just over one week ago. I assume it takes a bit more time, but hopefully we will get a new driver soon.