Items with no label
3335 Discussions

I have a fairly old Toshiba Satelite laptop with Intel® HD Graphics 3000.

JJohn168
Beginner

Hello. When I first switched to windows10 I could project using Miracast but this stopped some time ago. I suspect after a windows 10 update. I can see the display model is wddm 1.2 and I understand I need 1.3 or higher to run Miracast (it must have been OK initially as Miracast certainly worked).

Now I see that this graphics driver is no longer supported. Is there another driver I can use that will allow me to use Miracast on this (admittedly) old laptop?

0 Kudos
9 Replies
AlHill
Super User

HD 3000 Graphics are not supported on Windows 10.

The best you can do is continue to use the Microsoft generic driver which lacks performance and features.

Or, purchase a new laptop that is supported on Windows 10.

Doc

0 Kudos
JJohn168
Beginner
Thanks. That is what I was afraid of! Can't afford a new laptop for a while so maybe I'll revert to the MS generic driver and see how it goes. Thanks for your reply. John.
0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Actually, that is what you are using right now. It doesn't get any better than this.

...S

0 Kudos
JJohn168
Beginner
I checked the driver and it is intel hd3000. I guess this updated from the original ms generic some time ago when intel did support the drivers on my computer and I did a scan and update and that is now the problem. Looks like I have to replace this with the generic ms driver unless that happens automatically with the May update. Thanks for your reply. ⁣John​
0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

No, just uninstall the driver and you should see the generic driver appear.

...S

0 Kudos
JJohn168
Beginner
Excellent Scott. Many thanks for your help. ⁣John​
0 Kudos
JJohn168
Beginner
Ha. Well it was a good try but within a few minutes windows re-installs the old intel graphics 3000 driver even though I uninstalled and deleted it. Maybe I need to spend a bit more time on this issue. ⁣John​
0 Kudos
Maria_R_Intel

Hello JJohn168,

Due to this product being discontinued, Intel Customer Service no longer supports inquiries for it, I am glad to see that fellow community members have the knowledge and they jumped in and helped. You may also find the Discontinued Products website helpful to address your request. Thank you for understanding.

Best regards,

Maria R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
JJohn168
Beginner

Given up 😣 . If I turn off the wifi to stop the Intel driver downloading and run the MS basic graphics driver it doesn't give me the option for my normal screen definition so the screen is stretched. I believe that is a problem with some versions of the MS generic driver. If I try to upgrade this it keeps reloading the old Intel 3000. Pity that is now unsupported.

Hey ho. there are worse problems in life at the moment.

Thanks to everyone who tried to help me.

John.

0 Kudos