Items with no label
3335 Discussions

Installation error

Rambaldi
Beginner

When I install this update it gives me unsupported processor error.

Thank you

0 Kudos
7 Replies
AlHill
Super User

What update?

What is your processor model number?

WHat is the model number of your laptop or system/motherboard?

Do you have dual graphics?

What version of Windows 10? 1909? 1903?

Doc

0 Kudos
Lewis-H
New Contributor I

Hi,

According to your description, I suggest that you update drivers. If it still failed to update to Windows 10 1809, perform clean boot and try to install again.

If the issue still persists, change a higher-grade processor than the one you are using.

In addition, I would like to confirm to you what error message or error code appeared on several failures.

0 Kudos
Rambaldi
Beginner

Thanks.

Intel® Core™ i7-3630QM CPU @ 2.40GHz

Hewlett-Packard HP ENVY dv6 Notebook PC

Intel® HD Graphics 4000

Windows 10 Home 64 bit 1909

yes have two graphics card Intel® HD Graphics 4000 NVIDIA GeForce GT 635M

16GB ram

Thanks

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Did you upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7 or did you do a fresh install of Windows 10?

When you upgraded to/installed Windows 10, what graphics driver was installed by default? Was it from Intel or from Microsoft?

According to what I have found, driver version 15.33.48.5069 is the one you want. It can be downloaded from here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/search?keyword=intel+hd+graphics+4000.

...S

0 Kudos
Rambaldi
Beginner

thanks i installed windows 10 directly, i already installed idriver 15.33.48.5069 the support assistant tells me that there is an update and i try to do it but i have this error. In this case the support assistant shouldn't tell me that there is an update that I can't do. From what I read in the community many others have the same problem.

0 Kudos
Rambaldi
Beginner

Hi, I understand why it doesn't work. They reversed the versions, on 64-bit systems they download the 32-bit and on the 32-bit they download the 64-bit

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Yes, I saw that as well last night5. I manually downloaded the proper version and installed manually.

Doc

0 Kudos