Items with no label
3335 Discussions

Intel RealSense SR300 Camera failed to install

idata
Employee

Hi there,

I have a integrated Intel RealSense Depth Camera Manager SR300 on my Acer Aspire V Nitro. After my laptop windows is updated to Windows Creator version, the camera still work, but somehow after I restart my laptop, the camera won't start (I used it for Windows Hello). So I decided to uninstall the driver, and restart it. When I want to Install the driver, this error occur

(This error occur when I try to install with Acer OEM Driver)

For your information, I try to install the driver using Acer OEM Camera Driver and Intel Driver, but both of it failed to install it.

This below error occur when I try to install with Intel Driver

Can you help me to fix it? Thank you

Here's my Laptop Spec

Model Name: Acer Aspire V Nitro (VN7-592G)

CPU: Intel Core i5-6300HQ

Camera: Intel RealSense SR300 (Integrated)

But from the article bythe_jesus related to the Incompatibility of Intel Realsense SR300 on WIndows Creator, that's mean I should roll back to earlier version right?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

If you have the option to roll back Windows to before the Creators Update, that is likely the easiest way to resolve your camera issues until Intel releases an official fix. Here's the latest update on the matter from Intel support member Jesus G.

You might also like to read the account provided by a user who says that they got their camera working with the Creators Update.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
32 Replies
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

I know the feeling about long re-installs. Since the installations are often fairly robotic (click yes, click yes, click yes), I make it a productive experience by multi-tasking, focusing on reading or paperwork and pausing a moment to click when needed, then returning to my non-computer task. Good luck!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Now there's a problem. I already reset my laptop, to original setting, but somehow the camera doesn't work anymore. On program and features, the driver is installed, using Manufacturer driver. Already try to open using Camera app, still it show the camera is not connected

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Some research revealed a couple of other people with the camera not working on their Acer Aspire V Nitro after a reset. One of them was given the advice to return the laptop to an Acer service center for repair, which didn't help that person as their laptop was out of warranty.

The other person was given the following advice.

1. Bring up the Control Panel's troubleshooting window. You can find this by typing 'troubleshoot' into the text box at the bottom of your Windows screen, next to the button where you shut down.

2. Go to the 'Hardware and Sound' section and click on the 'Configure a device' option.

3. On the next window that appears, click on the 'Next' button to start a scan of your hardware.

The user offering the advice said about their own PC: "The troubleshooter search will find a "Mobile 5th Generation Intel(R) Core(TM)" controller of some sort and install it when prompted, and it worked fine again "

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thanks for the info. I just finished my 2nd reset pc (using clear all data method). I'll have a try again after my laptop is finish setup

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Seems like the troubleshooting is also failed. And my only option is to return my laptop to Acer

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

If your Acer is inside the warranty period, a return to Acer may be the only option left, since we already explored all the options available for fixing an internal camera. I'm very sorry I wasn't able to help find a solution for you.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thanks god that I buy on 13/2/17. At least there's hope that Acer technician can help me to check. And one more question, If I use USB stick to reinstall everything, will it work? Because I found this solution from Acer Community: http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Realsense-Camera-stopped-working-on-Acer-VN7-592G/m-p/490905 http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Realsense-Camera-stopped-working-on-Acer-VN7-592G/m-p/490905

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

I don't have enough experience of USB stick installation to say whether it will work in your particular case. But I do know it is a valid method of setup of a Linux OS, since installation is done this way when setting up Ubuntu on the Up Board mini-board in Intel's RealSense R200 Robotic Development Kit. USB stick installs are also used with Intel's NUC mini PCs.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Noted that. I'll give it a shot. If this method still not working, tomorrow I'll send it to my authorised Acer repair shop

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Finally I have fix the problem. By using Acer Recovery boot (Alt + F10) to reset my laptop. Now it works flawlessly. Thanks for helping me MartyG.

P.S. On control panel, it show 2 version of driver. One is Manufacturer driver (3.1.25.2599). Another one is (3.2.26.6137)

In the end, reset windows from manufacturer recovery is better than Windows recovery

Hopefully this method will help to fix the SR300 driver problem

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

It's great to hear that your laptop reset went well.

The drivers are both older versions of the SR300 DCM. The newest SR300 DCM version available is 3.3.27.5718, but there's no absolute need to update to the newest one if the DCM you already have installed is working okay.

0 Kudos