Items with no label
3335 Discussions

Is the meta-intel-realsense project still supported?

Mwolk
Beginner

Is the yocto layer provided by Intel and found here https://github.com/IntelRealSense/meta-intel-realsense still supported? There hasn't been code activity in half a year.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Mwolk
Beginner

Maybe ​ @SWare​ can answer this, as he provided the last commits.

0 Kudos
Scott_W_Intel
Employee

Hi @Mwolk​ ,

Due to some internal access restrictions i've been unable to write to this repo in order to maintain it for several months. Your question prompted me to escalate this internally to get the permissions resolved and as a result i now have write access again.

I maintain this repo in my spare time so I can't give a concrete timeline for when I will be able to push an update. If there is something you specifically require let me know on here or open a feature request on the repo and I will do what I can to help.

Thanks,

Scott

0 Kudos
Mwolk
Beginner

Hi Scott,

Mainly I wanted to know if I need to fork this to keep using it. Otherwise, (I guess this one is out of your control), 4.19 Kernel support would be great as yocto has moved to that.

Thanks,

Michael

0 Kudos
Scott_W_Intel
Employee

Hi Michael,

I will hopefully find time in the next few days to update the master branch in line with latest Poky master. I don't think 4.19 patches will be an issue :)

Thanks,

Scott

0 Kudos
Mwolk
Beginner

Awesome, please poke me here when you get to do that.

Thanks,

Michael

0 Kudos
Scott_W_Intel
Employee

Hi Michael,

I've had some time the last day or so to update the layer. There is now a thud branch and master is up to date with latest kernel patches etc...

I've not had any time to test an actual image so any problems raise an issue on the repo.

Thanks,

Scott

0 Kudos
Alexandra_C_Intel
Hi Mwolk, Thank you for your interest in the Intel RealSense products. The meta-intel-librealsense is archived, therefore no further updates will be made to this github page. Regards, Alexandra
0 Kudos