Items with no label
3335 Discussions

Is the "Mobile Intel (R) 4 Series Express Chipset" compatible with windows 10?

EEvan4
Beginner

Attempting to download windows 10 but getting a not compatible message. I downloaded windows 10 a couple of years ago and apart from a few minor problems it ran OK but was put back to windows 7 when in for repair, thank you.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
AlHill
Super User

No, it is not compatible.

Doc

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

What was the actual error message? Usually they point out what the incompatibility actually is.

...S

0 Kudos
EEvan4
Beginner

It was something like "monitor will not display correctly",

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Ah, I understand now. The chipset-based graphics solutions are not supported with Windows 10 under any circumstances. If you added a PCI/PCIe Graphics card, I am betting this block will be eliminated.

That said, I honestly think that spending money on a graphics card would be throwing good money for bad. Your money would be better spent getting a newer system.

...S

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Download, run, and attach (using the paperclip) the results of this utility:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

Doc

0 Kudos
Lewis-H
New Contributor I

As per my knowledge it is not compatible to Windows 10, you have to use Windows 7 or you can change the chipset.

--

Lewis

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

@Lewis-H​ It is not compatible, but you will be using the microsoft generic driver. And, there is NO WAY to change a chipset.

Doc

0 Kudos
AtulKumar
Beginner

At Yaantra, our repair and replacement experts can help you to get your motherboard repaired. We are the best and most reliable repair experts in the market. Simply opt for our doorstep pick up and drop service

0 Kudos