Items with no label
3335 Discussions

Mb S5520SC bios update to 069 v. failure with error "unable to initialize smbios library"

ZSOVI
Beginner

Hi, I tried bios update on mb S5520SC, because of frequently boot failures/ram unstability. I used the bios only update package to change the actual 048 version and install the 069 released in 2018 (bios only because I cannot find the recomended MBR and FRUSDR update). Anyway. The Efi update process went apparently Ok and completed 3 of 3 steps, but at the end I got this message: "Error unable to initialize smbios library". Starting the workstation and entering the bios I could verify that the version ist still the old 048... No update was made.

By now the machine seems to work more or less fine only with 8 gb of ram (out of 64 gb) installed (that is one socket out of 8), otherwise the boot become unstable or completely stucks beeping 4 or 6 times.

Maybe someone knows what could be wrong? I really don't know what to do and searching the net and reading a lot of threads did not help me so far. Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Reply