Items with no label
3335 Discussions

PXC_STATUS_EXEC_ABORTED on AcquireFrame -- SR300

nflin
Beginner

I've been getting this (undocumented) status code returned from calls to AcquireFrame(false). I recall that this same issue was reported on the old forum for the R200, but I don't remember it ever being resolved. If it helps I'm using Windows 10, build 14393.1593 (version 1607) with a (very unreliable) SR300. I can get the camera working by restarting the system, after which it works for a short time, during which I'm seeing these error code -301 returns from calls to AcquireFrame. Does this sound familiar to anyone?

0 Kudos
12 Replies
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

A user with the same build and error code fixed it with a powered USB hub.

nflin
Beginner

Then that is what I shall try. Thanks very much for your quick reply.

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

You're very welcome. Good luck!

0 Kudos
nflin
Beginner

Sadly, adding a powered hub has made no difference. The camera still fails as it did before. I should add that my laptop has an OEM F200 camera installed, and this works perfectly both with my code and the Intel-supplied sample browser. I am at a loss as to what else to try...

edited to add:

Although, bizarrely, the camera is now working when plugged into a USB port directly, but does not work when connected to the USB hub. I have installed a Windows update since I was trying to use the camera earlier: "Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB4033637)", although whether this should make a difference I do not know. Very confusing.

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Thanks so much for the report! I've sent the details to the Intel guy handling the SR300 camera problems.

Given the earlier case about the user who bought a powered USB hub and then found the camera worked even when the hub is powered off, it makes me speculate if plugging a hub into Windows causes Windows' USB ports to be reconfigured in a way that makes the camera work again even in an unpowered port. That's just a speculative theory though. I'm glad you have the camera working again though in your direct USB port

0 Kudos
dwang40
Beginner

I met the same PXC_STATUS_EXEC_ABORTED return value after a few minutes depth image streaming with both R200 and SR300 in Win10 x64 system. This make our project was delayed. Hopefully there is a solution to this issue, or at least a workaroud can be suggested.

0 Kudos
nflin
Beginner

An update on this: the problem seems to have gone away at Windows Insider Build 16288.1 (OS version 1709). I'm currently getting successful operation with the SR300 connected to an externally powered USB hub, although I'm not sure whether the hub is making a difference or not.

edited to add:

The hub does seem to make a difference. The camera doesn't work when connected directly to the PC's USB ports.

0 Kudos
PKusm
New Contributor I

I am willing to upgrade to Windows 10 (1709). Before that, I would like to know whether somebody has encountered this (PXC_STATUS_EXEC_ABORTED) issue after updating to 1709.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

I haven't seen any reports yet about this error occurring with Build 1709. If you are still having connection issues with your SR300, you might like to try this workaround I posted the other day that worked for me when my SR300 wouldn't work properly on Build 15063.

Because the original message in this post is old, it won't be shown on the front page of the forum when new comments are made, and only people who previously commented on it will be alerted. So if you would like to ask all of the community if they have encountered the PXC error with 1709, I recommend posting it to the forum as a new question.

0 Kudos
PKusm
New Contributor I

I see. Alright thanks Marty!

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

You're very welcome.

This post has now decided to appear on the front page, so no need to post a new question now!

0 Kudos
WKame
Beginner

It is so shamefull for INTEL not providing a solution without any f* workarounds. GET A GRIP INTEL. For 6 months the owners of a SR300/ Razer Stargazer are waitingh for a solution. Learn from MACs: plug in, drivers loaded automatically, WORKS! This is so damn embarressing what Intel is doing here!!!!!

0 Kudos