Items with no label
3335 Discussions

Problem of shape at border

ECosn1
Beginner

Hello,

I noticed that with the 3D pointcloud pictures I take with my realsense D435, I have a wrong shape at the borders of the objects seen by the camera. I put attached three pictures to illustrate that.

The first image Capture.png is the pointcloud in the orientation of the camera, and the pictures Capture1.png and capture2.png zoom on detail that illustrate the border problem I had. I surrounded in blue the places where there are this problems.

I there any parameter I could modify to improve that? Could I say to the camera to erode the frontiers?

Thank you and regards,

Emmanuel

0 Kudos
1 Solution
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

The link below provides example code for setting the visual preset with C++. Change the instruction to the name of the preset that you want to use in the chart below.

https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D70P0000068nKwSAI

1.png

If you look at the Visual Presets page, there are clickable links for 'json' configuration files beside each setting. You can left-click on these links to view their config settings and so compare the values in each setting. This would offer the possibility of creating your own json config file that has the balance of config values that you want.

For example, the High Density, High Resolution link lists these edge values:

"param-scanlineedgetaub": 8

"param-scanlineedgetaug": 200

"param-scanlineedgetaur": 279

Whilst in the Default file with the clean edges, the values used are all '72'.

"param-scanlineedgetaub": "72"

"param-scanlineedgetaug": "72"

"param-scanlineedgetaur": "72"

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

I would first recommend looking at your object in the RealSense Viewer and trying different Visual Preset options. Visual Presets are camera configurations that provide different balances of priorities for settings, such as greater accuracy or cleaner edges.

You can change presets in the RealSense Viewer easily by going to the 'Preset' option in the Viewer's options side-panel and opening the drop-down menu beside it.

1.png

The different types of pre-made preset are listed at the link below. You can also create your own custom configuration files.

The 'clean edges' priority is available in the 'Default' preset.

https://github.com/IntelRealSense/librealsense/wiki/D400-Series-Visual-Presets

If you are writing your own RealSense application instead of using the RealSense Viewer, if you find a preset in the Viewer that improves your results then you can set that mode from inside your script.

0 Kudos
ECosn1
Beginner

Thank you!

I didn't get exactly how they do the "clean edge". Do you know if it's possible to use the high density configuration, and perform the "clean edge"?

0 Kudos
ECosn1
Beginner

Do you know how we change the preset in C++?

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

The link below provides example code for setting the visual preset with C++. Change the instruction to the name of the preset that you want to use in the chart below.

https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D70P0000068nKwSAI

1.png

If you look at the Visual Presets page, there are clickable links for 'json' configuration files beside each setting. You can left-click on these links to view their config settings and so compare the values in each setting. This would offer the possibility of creating your own json config file that has the balance of config values that you want.

For example, the High Density, High Resolution link lists these edge values:

"param-scanlineedgetaub": 8

"param-scanlineedgetaug": 200

"param-scanlineedgetaur": 279

Whilst in the Default file with the clean edges, the values used are all '72'.

"param-scanlineedgetaub": "72"

"param-scanlineedgetaug": "72"

"param-scanlineedgetaur": "72"

0 Kudos