Items with no label
3335 Discussions

SR300 Not Recognized Anymore

A_3
Beginner

Hello,

I have NUC7i7BNH and SR300 with Ubuntu 16.04, 4.8.0-36-generic.

When I plug SR300 to USB port of NUC, it was recognized with vendor ID 8086 (Intel) and product ID 0aa5. However when I try to run any examples or ROS realsense_camera, it was failing with "VIDIOC_DQBUF error 19, No such device". After pluging it to a powered USB3.0 Hub, it started functioning randomly (sometimes it worked sometimes didn't).

However, lately, SR300 is not recognized anymore. When I plug it, lsusb shows it as

Bus 001 Device 017: ID 05e3:0610 Genesys Logic, Inc. 4-port hub

Even in Windows, I'm not able to see it as Imaging Device as SR300. Creative microphone array is detected, but camera is not.

Any help?

Thanks

0 Kudos
25 Replies
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

I would say that the lack of a Virtual Driver would definitely be a prime candidate for the cause of your problems. Diagnosing a precise cause for this problem is a bit harder.

My theory would be as follows:

1. Your camera was working fine for a while, and then suddenly stopped working one day.

2. You can install the RGB and Depth drivers, but not the Virtual one.

3. If I recall the installation process correctly, the Virtual driver is the final one of the three to get installed after the other two.

It may bet the case that Windows has downloaded and installed an update that has changed how your USB ports are configured, preventing the camera from being supplied with power stably enough for it to be detected reliably, causing the camera signal to 'drop out' For some people this happens a few seconds after the camera starts streaming, and for others the camera may seem to not start up at all.

I wonder that if such a signal drop-out takes place during the driver installation process, the camera may fail an integrity check and prevent the Virtual driver from being installed.

If the issue is related to USB power, a solution that has worked for many people is to plug the camera into a mains-powered USB hub instead of directly into the PC. These are available from stores such as Amazon for around $15 by searching for 'powered usb 3.0 hub'. Some people have even found that the camera starts working again after being plugged into an unpowered hub, though these cases are rarer and the powered hub solution has a more proven track record of success.

0 Kudos
ZSamb
Beginner

Thank you MartyG, but I'm on Intel developers forum, connecting it to high power chargeable USB it is the first thing I have done, it still did not help me. I will never get any devices from intel they made through the ass.

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Your remaining options include:

1. Wait for Windows to release a new build, such as the forthcoming Fall Creators Update, that may correct your problem automatically if you are lucky.

2. Try forcing an update of the SR300 firmware. As that remedy was listed on page 1 of this same forum discussion though, you may have tried it already.

3. If all else fails, if the camera was purchased less than 90 days ago then you can file a claim at mailto:click@intel.com click@intel.com for a refund or replacement. If you opt for a replacement, you should do it soon as the SR300 is due to be retired from sale this month, so stocks may be running out.

Unfortunately I have to go 'off shift' for the day now. Good luck with whatever step you choose to take next.

0 Kudos
ZSamb
Beginner

MartyG I made it you helped me a lot! Thank you very much, I shake your hand.

What I have done.

1. Angry and stuck started to thinking again for the final round,

2. Keep in mind I need to keep power-up USB

3. I uninstalled all drivers, rgb, depth, usb - 3 in total I had from intel from Device Manager

4. Uninstalled, keep it open because I can see it updates

5. Keeping to the same USB with power, I have only ONE with extra power, thankfully I knew it.

6. Started again with DCM, error message - NEW - Some installation already opened, I did not see any, I was like WTF, I click RETRY one more time and it has installed the drivers.

7. I have checked Device Manager and there is still no Virtual Driver, but I decided to run Brekel Point Cloud Trial again and it worked even without virtual driver.

Tadam no logic wins!!!

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

You're very welcome!

Thanks a lot for your detailed report of what you did to get your camera working. I'm very surprised that the camera is working without a Virtual Driver. RealSense always finds new ways to surprise me though.

0 Kudos