Items with no label
3335 Discussions

SR300 not working in Windows 10 Insider 14986

LSpol
Novice

Hi, I have big issues with my SR300 and Windows 10 Insider 14986. Unfortunately I don't know if it was working in previous builds; I just upgraded my motherboard and CPU of my PC.

1. Device manager looks normal, under Universal Serial Bus Devices I have Intel RealSense Camera SR300 with Microsoft driver; under Imaging devices I have SR300 Depth (driver intel 3.3.27.5717) and SR300 RGB (driver Microsoft). I don't see the SR300 virtual driver that other people mention.
  2. Native Camera app doesn't work: error 0xA00F4244 (0xC00D36D5) also other app (like Skype) will not detect the camera)
  3. Can't configure Windows Hello, after clicking get started, the button disappear, nothing else happen, and the only other button is "Cancel".
  4. Camera Explorer say that both Camera Front and Long Range are not connected.
  5. SDK Information attached, but sometimes by clicking the camera tab, the app crash.

I tried to uninstall/reinstall the drivers and the devices several times, but nothing help. Also, Windows Update will install automatically the latest driver 3.3.27.5718.

SysInfo export attached (I have an i7-6700 so the camera is fully supported by my machine).

73 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Jesus,

Regarding your question: >>Joel, would you mind if I extract your post and put it on the Featured Content list on the top of our Community with full attribution to you?<<

Jesus, I would be honored for you to do that. I know first hand the frustrations this problem has caused. If my experience helps others, that would make it all worthwhile. Thank you for suggesting to do that.

Cheers,

Joel

0 Kudos
LSpol
Novice

intel_corp (Jesus). Those steps are only working for Windows Hello. On a second reboot, the virtual camera driver gets removed automatically, and Windows Camera is in this state:

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Luca,

In Windows Creator, for SR300 only, there is no more Virtual Driver and no DCM. There is a RealSense camera driver built into Windows 10 that will replace the previous SR300 camera driver (DCM). To get your Windows Camera working again, try changing the video source to SR300 Color (RGB). I hope this helps.

Regards,

Jesus

Intel Customer Support
0 Kudos
UDe_M1
Beginner

Hello Jesus.

Thanks for this useful information. I wanted to be crystal clear on the steps SR300 owners need to take to fix our issues with W10C.

Are you saying we need to remove uninstall our current SR300 entries in the device manager, an also delete the driver software (check box) ? If W10C has built-in drivers it should install them automatically at reboot no ?

What does changing source to RGB mean exactly ? I understand RGB is the camera feed needed for photo/video (...not the 3D depth feed obviously), but is this something we do AFTER the drivers work, or some sort of Windows setting ?

Best,

uGo

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello uGo,

If you do not have a Virtual Driver in your Device Manager then you probably already have the new SR300 drivers from Windows installed. If your camera is not working at all, then try uninstalling the SR300 nodes in Device Manager then reboot to get the new drivers.

Regarding RGB as source I meant to change that within the Windows Camera app.

The issues we have been seeing with SR300 drivers in Windows 10 Creators build only affect Depth, not RGB.

Regards,

Jesus

Intel Customer Support
0 Kudos
UDe_M1
Beginner

Hello Jesus and Slothameedees.

Your suggestions really helped as my RGB camera + Windows Hello restarted working... thank you both !

I can even do 3D scans again with the DEPTH camera - all is well again :-)

Kind regards,

uGo

0 Kudos
MPröl
Beginner

Hi,

are there any estimates for an official fix? My customers are not able to resolve the issue with the Intel camera not working with the latest Windows update. Are there any estimates when the fixed driver will be released? It has been more than 4 weeks now that the problem is known.

My support forum:

http://forums.xcessity.at/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2411 KinesicMouse stopped working [Intel SR300 not working with latest Windows update] - Xcessity.at

Best,

Markus Pröll

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Markus,

We do not have an estimate for the fix yet. As soon as I have more information I will post a blog to the Featured Content list at the homepage of this forum. I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you and your customers.

Regards,

Jesus

Intel Customer Support
0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

As the location with the most inquiries about the SR300 and Creators update, I thought this would be the best central location to post the news that there is a new announcement about the SR300 / Creators Update issue posted at the top of the front page of the forum. Click on the 'Show details' link at the end of the title 'ANNOUNCEMENT SR300 DCM 3.3 Returns as Preferred Driver for Windows 10 Creators Build' to expand open the latest message,

0 Kudos
CSinl
Novice

Give this a try.

mlharmon
Beginner

Please download and install the appropriate software from the following link and report how it worked for you.  This updated software worked for me.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29921/Intel-RealSense-Depth-Camera-Manager?v=t

0 Kudos