Items with no label
3335 Discussions

SR300 usb-disconnects when camera turns active - unusable

MMark14
Novice

I have a SR300 camera and have major problem with is. When an application is activating the camera, the led gives one little blink and the camera disconnects itself. I hear the windows USB-disconnect sound which is followed by the USB connect sound.

Every application I try gives the same result.

This problem did occur the last week sometimes. With a couple of tries it did work, but now I never got it working anymore. I tried everything:

Install intel_rs_dcm_sr300_3.3.27.5718

install intel_rs_dcm_sr300_3.2.26.6137

intel_rs_sdk_offline_package_10.0.26.0396

I even completely re-installed my laptop because I thought it has something to do with a windows update.

Tried every usb3 port. Reinstalled everything a thousand times.

This Video demonstrates the problem :

What could this be ? Can anybody help out ? This is driving me nuts ...

Hardware: Razer Blade 2016 refresh

Windows: Windows 10 Pro

0 Kudos
44 Replies
ABand1
Beginner

Hi Jose,

Yes, I have tried and it works since the other computer has a powered USB port. Unfortunately, I have to work with the other computer that doesn't have the lighting symbol, so the only way seems to be the external hub.

Could you please recommend an external hub that works for sure with this camera?

Thanks
0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Most people who purchased a powered hub had their camera problems solved by it. They did not specify which one they had brought, so it is likely that almost any model of powered hub will be fine. I recommend checking customer reviews on Amazon to assure yourself that you are making the right purchasing choice.

You can research hubs on Amazon by searching for 'powered hub usb 3.0 5v adapter'. As an example, Amazon do an own-brand "AmazonBasics" hub.

https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-Port-2-5A-power-adapter/dp/B00DQFGH80/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1487802648&sr=8-2&keywords=powered+usb+3.0+hub+5v+adapter Amazon.com: AmazonBasics 4 Port USB 3.0 Hub with 5V/2.5A power adapter: Computers & Accessories

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi guys,

First band0 we can't recommend the use of a specific hub, since this camera is made to be used with a power USB.

For all the future users experiencing SR300 disconnection issues, please follow all the steps in this guide . If the issue still continues, please open another thread and will be happy to assist you.

Have a nice day!

Best Regards,

-Jose P.

0 Kudos