Items with no label
3335 Discussions

Some questions about SR300 and D400

lqing3
Beginner

Introduction: we have been using SR300 and related SDK to do some products, which use face recognition / finger recognition and other functions. There are the following questions:

1 From the beginning of D400, Realsense SDK2.0 has no module of face recognition and finger recognition. Will this part be added later, or can we only achieve it by ourselves?

2 From official website SR300 is no longer sold, we still have a lot of demand, which regular channels SR300 can be purchased?

3 Will the product used SR300 be sold before be affected by the official no longer support? For example, when installing the driver, it looks like the Internet needs to be downloaded. Then, if the official is not providing links, can our products be used offline?

4 The measured minimum depth distance of D415 is about 40cm, which is larger than the theoretical 30cm. Why is this?

5 D415 at 1920*1080 resolution output RGB image appear Low frame rate phenomenon, before using SR300, without the phenomenon.

6 Is Realsense SDK2.0 likely to support Unity3d?

Thank U!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

1. There are no plans for Intel to add modules for features such as face recognition, 3D scanning, etc. You can add features to the RealSense SDK 2.0 by using it in combination with modules from other software platforms such as OpenCV and ROS.

2. Only the caseless circuit-board module version of the SR300 is continuing to be produced. If you need a replacement for the USB SR300 Development Kit camera then you can alternatively use the Creative BlasterX Senz3D or Razer Stargazer cameras, which are both fully SR300-compatible.

3. You can update the drivers without an internet connection using the SR300 Depth Camera Manager (DCM) program.

4. Environmental factors such as too little or too much lighting (artificial lights indoors, sunlight outdoors) may affect the quality of depth sensing.

5. There was a previous case with earlier RealSense cameras where a low frame rate was being experienced. This was also found to be related to lighting conditions.

Alternatively, the PC hardware that you are using the camera with may be struggling to run the 1920 x 1080 resolution if its technical specification does not have good graphical capabilities (e.g it is a general-use laptop with integrated graphics instead of a full graphics card). Processing bottlenecks can be created on slow hardware as the PC processes the data it has received from the camera through the USB cable.

6. I do not have a date for when Unity support will be introduced in SDK 2.0, unfortunately. When there is a new SDK 2.0 release, I post about it and any new features introduced in that version on the forum, so I recommend looking out for such updates.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

1. There are no plans for Intel to add modules for features such as face recognition, 3D scanning, etc. You can add features to the RealSense SDK 2.0 by using it in combination with modules from other software platforms such as OpenCV and ROS.

2. Only the caseless circuit-board module version of the SR300 is continuing to be produced. If you need a replacement for the USB SR300 Development Kit camera then you can alternatively use the Creative BlasterX Senz3D or Razer Stargazer cameras, which are both fully SR300-compatible.

3. You can update the drivers without an internet connection using the SR300 Depth Camera Manager (DCM) program.

4. Environmental factors such as too little or too much lighting (artificial lights indoors, sunlight outdoors) may affect the quality of depth sensing.

5. There was a previous case with earlier RealSense cameras where a low frame rate was being experienced. This was also found to be related to lighting conditions.

Alternatively, the PC hardware that you are using the camera with may be struggling to run the 1920 x 1080 resolution if its technical specification does not have good graphical capabilities (e.g it is a general-use laptop with integrated graphics instead of a full graphics card). Processing bottlenecks can be created on slow hardware as the PC processes the data it has received from the camera through the USB cable.

6. I do not have a date for when Unity support will be introduced in SDK 2.0, unfortunately. When there is a new SDK 2.0 release, I post about it and any new features introduced in that version on the forum, so I recommend looking out for such updates.

L-xn
Beginner

I am using D415 for finger tracking. How can I achieve it through a third-party platform? Plead for advice from seniors! I will be extremely grateful!

0 Kudos