Items with no label
3335 Discussions

The latest version of Intel Driver & Support Assistant returns "Sorry, we didn't find any supported Intel drivers or software" when trying to update drivers for i9-9900K

ACroc1
Beginner

I am almost entirely certain that the i9-9900K wouldn't be on the exclusion list. I also have Intel Optane, Intel graphics, etc. that the service does not seem to detect. Is there any way to fix this? Is the Intel Driver & Support Assist not being supported for newer tech or something?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
AlHill
Super User

It is not the processor that is the problem. It is your motherboard/laptop and that you do not have anything the IDSA can find updates for.

Did you read the exclusion list? https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000032252/software/software-applications.html

Check your motherboard or laptop manufacturer to see if they have updates for their product.

Doc

AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello ACroc1

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

In order to check this behavior further could you please provide the following information?

1- Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA) version installed in the system:

2- Did Intel® DSA work fine before? If the answer is yes, was any Windows®, Intel® DSA or driver update before the issue started?

3- Please provide details regarding the steps you have tried to solve the issue (if applicable):

4- Have you tried a different Internet browser? Please provide details of the browsers you have tested:

5- Screenshots showing the error message when trying to scan:

6- Please run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) and attach the report to this thread.

6.1- Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-

6.2- Open the application and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".

6.3- To save your scan, click Next and click Save.

6.4- To attach a file, you must click the “Attach” option on the bottom left-hand corner of the response box.

Regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
ACroc1
Beginner
  1. When I right click on the tray icon it says that Intel DSA is "up to date" as of 3/24/2020
  2. The program used to work fine until about a month after I got an RTX 2070 Super, no hardware changes seemed to have brought this on.
  3. I have tried to reinstall and use other browsers
  4. I have tried other browsers (Edge and Chrome)
  5. Intel.PNG
  6. See attached
0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello ACroc1

Thank you for your response.

When you mentioned that "the program used to work fine", what drivers did you use to scan? (Graphics Drivers? Wireless drivers?, etc)

Intel® Driver & Support Assistant (Intel® DSA) is intended to provide scan and identify drivers most likely for Graphics Drivers, Wireless Networking and Wired Networking devices. For more information, please refer to Intel® Driver & Support Assistant FAQ >> What components does the tool detect?

We understand that the message "Sorry, we didn't find any supported Intel drivers or software" started after you installed an "NVIDIA® GeForce® RTX 2070 Super" discrete video card (dedicated). After checking the Intel® SSU report, we noticed that only this NVIDIA® video card is enabled. What happens is that in desktop computers usually if you install a second video card this one will disable the Intel® video controller. In this case, the dedicated video card that you have seems that it has disabled the Intel® video controller, and that would explain why Intel® Graphics devices are not found. 

Some systems support enabling both graphics (Intel onboard graphics and discrete graphics) at the same time. Please refer to your motherboard manufacturer to check if this is supported and options on how to enable this feature. If your system does not support dual-graphics, then in order to update the Intel® graphics driver, it would be needed to take out the dedicated video card from the motherboard, then to update the Intel® graphics driver, and reinstalling the dedicated video card.

Additionally, based on the Intel® SSU report, we noticed that there is no Intel® Wireless device installed, and the Ethernet LAN device is from a third-party manufacturer (Realtek).

However, since the image you attached is cut at the bottom, could you please elaborate more on what components you are trying to scan using Intel® DSA?

Should you have additional inquiries, please let us know.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello ACroc1

We would like to know if you were able to check our previous post and the recommendations provided. If you have additional inquiries, please let us know.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
ACroc1
Beginner

My apologies for the delayed response, this quarantine has left me plenty of work to distract me. I typically try to use the tool to update my chipset/i9-9900k drivers and bluetooth drivers. Is it possible to update those without using the Intel DSA?

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel
Employee

Hello ACroc1

Thank you for your response.

Regarding your inquiry about the possibilities of updating drivers without using Intel® DSA, the answer is yes, that is possible.

For instance, you can check the website of your Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) ASUS* or an OEM of a component that you purchased separately/upgraded and periodically check their download center for newer drivers available (weekly, monthly, etc.) and review their released notes to check fixes/improvement and if the driver update is required for your system. Actually, this is the recommended method so you can get the customized driver directly from your OEM.

Some OEMs also have a tool like Intel® DSA for automatic scanning and identification of components and driver availability. Some of these tools are apps that you download and install on your system and run as a service, others may be an online tool. We recommend checking further with your OEM regarding the software/driver/tool options they may have available.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos