Items with no label
3335 Discussions

Updating Intelrealsense Camera Firmware with Jetson Xavier

AYehu
Beginner

I have a question regarding the Jetson Xavier, we are testing it with an IntelRealSense D415 Camera.

We are having trouble to Install package that belong to intel called “intel-realsense-dfu” in order to update the camera firmware.

When I tried to find the problem I found that ARM CPUs do to not support this package on a 4.9 Tegra Kernel and we were unable to update the camera firmware .

When I installed the Xavier I followed the Nvidia recommended installation .

The OS and kernel version that we are running is - Ubuntu 18.04.2 LTS (GNU/Linux 4.9.108-tegra aarch64) .

I would like to ask if you have any advice to solve this issue or any recommendation.

I tried to follow the instructions posted by JetsonHacks community, and it still doesn't work for me.

Is there any other way to install the intel-realsense-dfu package?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Intel recently changed their RealSense firmware update process to a new cross-platform system to make it easier from SDK version 2.24.0 onward.

It can now be done from the RealSense Viewer application by going to the 'More' option at the top of the Viewer's options side-panel and selecting 'Update Firmware' or 'Install Recommended Firmware' from the menu that drops down. The difference between the two is that 'Update Firmware' prompts you to select a firmware file of your own choosing.

https://github.com/IntelRealSense/librealsense/pull/4280

1.png

0 Kudos
AYehu
Beginner

Hi Marty,

I was looking at what you sent and it

Seems like it is not supported for Kernel 4.9

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

It does seem that Kernel 4.9 is not in the supported kernels list for Librealsense, and others have experienced being unable to do a DFU update on 4.9.

1.png

It should be possible to update the firmware on another Linux or Windows PC if you have access to one. Because the firmware is stored inside the camera instead of on the computer, the camera should work on another computing device (such as Xavier) that it is then connected to.

Some of the users that had Kernel 4.9 found that most of the functions of the SDK would work but they had problems with firmware updates, and with the RealSense Viewer and the example programs.

0 Kudos