Items with no label
3335 Discussions

Which Camera Manager and SDK for RealSense integrated in Notebook

DBart3
Novice

Hi,

I have a Dell Inspiron 15 5578 2-in-1 with Windows 10 (10.0.14393). I'm quite sure that it has an integrated Realsense Camera. I can use it to log in with Microsoft Hello. However I failed to install the Intel Realsense Camera Manager (which is the right one?) and I also failed to download the Realsense SDK because the website is asking me to register my product (where to get the serial number for an integrated product?). Note that the Windows device manager don't list the camera as Realsense Camera but as an ordinary web cam.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Dennis

1 Solution
DBart3
Novice

Turned out that my Inspiron somehow has two cameras and an IR projector but the Inspiron with the 3D camera is the 5559 not mine.

Kindly excuse any inconvenience.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

If you google 'Dell Inspiron 15 5578 f200 realsense', this confirms in multiple sources that it is an F200 type RealSense camera in this model.

If I recall right, the registration process for downloading the SDK is not a product registration process, just a process for registering your personal details. So having an integrated cam without a serial number should not make a difference.

I believe the order to do things in is (a) install the F200 driver file (which includes the Camera Manager within it), and then (b) install the SDK after that. The listing of the RealSense camera as an ordinary webcam is likely a consequence of the Camera Manager not being installed.

The download page for the current SDK (Version R3) and Camera Manager is here:

https://software.intel.com/en-us/intel-realsense-sdk/download Intel® RealSense™ SDK | Intel® Software

0 Kudos
DBart3
Novice

Hey Marty,

thanks a lot but I already tried to install each of the three driver installation files. All ended up with the message that no "Intel RealSense 3D Camera" was found. Maybe I should deinstall the old camera driver first.

Concerning the other topic: On top of the SDK page there is a link "Free Download" that forwarded me to a registration page (https://registrationcenter.intel.com/en/products/ https://registrationcenter.intel.com/en/products/ ) where I was asked to add my device. However for some reason I can download the single SDK components on the SDK page. They are running but the programs ignore that I have a depth camera and display only the RGB image.

Regards

0 Kudos
DBart3
Novice

I tried to deinstall the old webcam driver but that didn't helped either.

Meanwhile I contacted the dell support. Maybe they can help ... but I'm not very optimistic.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello rafta,

Did that driver helped you with the issue? Or do you still need help?

Let me know and if you still need help, we'll be glad to help you.

-Peter.
0 Kudos
DBart3
Novice

At least I could install the driver but still Windows list the camera as webcam and still the SDK doesn't work properly

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi rafta,

Don't worry, there was no inconvenience at all.

-Peter.
0 Kudos
DBart3
Novice

Turned out that my Inspiron somehow has two cameras and an IR projector but the Inspiron with the 3D camera is the 5559 not mine.

Kindly excuse any inconvenience.

0 Kudos