Items with no label
3335 Discussions

Wifi dropping out for no reason on both old and new wifi card. What else could it be?

AFran59
Beginner

I had issues with my intel centrino advanced - N6325 wifi card dropping wif connection and even freezing my Samsung Ativ xe700t1c. running windows 10 64bit I replaced the card with a Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-N 7260 the issue with the wifi dropping out is still happening. I have updated the drivers. I have the power management set to not turning off to save power.

The new wifi card is better but it still drops out with no logical reason for doing so. I have even changed my router and have better wifi but that also has not helped.

Do I need to also change the wifi card antenna wires?

Please help! This issue has been frustrating my for 12 months,

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

AFran59, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

What is the model of the motherboard?

If this is a laptop, what is the model of it?

What is the model of the Router/AP?

Is this a new computer?

Was it working fine before?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes?

The wireless card, did you purchased it separately or did it came installed in the computer?

When did the issue start?

Which Windows* version are you using?

Did you check with your Internet service provider to make sure the Internet is working properly?

Does the problem happen at home or work environment?

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
AFran59
Beginner
What is the model of the motherboard? Intel 7 series chipset If this is a laptop, what is the model of it? Samsung Ativ model xe700t1c ko1au What is the model of the Router/AP? Sagemcom FAST5366 TN-A Is this a new computer? No Was it working fine before? Yes Did you make any recent hardware/software changes? No The wireless card, did you purchased it separately or did it came installed in the computer? The intel centrino advanced - N6325 wifi card came installed the Dual Band Wireless-N 7260 I purchased separately When did the issue start? About 12 months ago Which Windows* version are you using? Windows 10 Home Version 1909 Did you check with your Internet service provider to make sure the Internet is working properly? Yes. I have tried different modems and now have a new modem that has better wifi strength Does the problem happen at home or work environment? It happens at home
0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

Hi AFran59, Thank you very much for providing that information.

Just to let you know, when you install a Wireless card separately, that is what is called "Wireless Integration", the thing about that kind of process is that a lot of things came into play, including compatibility with the board, drivers, antennas and adapters. Besides that, there is a regulatory information that you will be able to verify in the links below:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005846/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005687/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html

Still, we will do our best to help you with this scenario to try to fix this problem.

Did you check with Samsung directly if the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-N 7260 card is fully compatible with your system?

Do you have the option to test the Wireless connection with a different Router/Access Point/Network?

Is the laptop the only device connected to the Router? If not, are the other devices working properly with the same network?

If you disconnect the rest of the devices and use only the laptop connected to the Router, is the problem the same?

Are you using a VPN connection?

We recommend to install the Wireless driver provided by the manufacturer of the computer, since that driver was highly customized by them work with your specific platform.

I looked in Samsung's web site, and there is a driver package available to download, please install those drivers:

https://www.samsung.com/us/business/support/owners/product/ativ-smart-pc-pro-700t-xe700t1c/

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
AFran59
Beginner
Thanks for your reply. Did you check with Samsung directly if the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-N 7260 card is fully compatible with your system? I have checked today and their reply is have I asked Intel. They also said it could be outdated. I purchased this card as the original is useless and not only can you not get a stable wifi but you are flat out getting any connection. I did rea I think it was on the intel website that the new one was a replacement for the old one. Do you have the option to test the Wireless connection with a different Router/Access Point/Network? No option. I have 2.4GHz and 5GHz on my modem as well as an old modem connected as an additional access point in another part of the house. Is the laptop the only device connected to the Router? If not, are the other devices working properly with the same network? No it is not. All other devices are connected and ok. If you disconnect the rest of the devices and use only the laptop connected to the Router, is the problem the same? Yes Are you using a VPN connection? I am using a VDSL connection
0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

AFran59, You are welcome, thank you very much for sharing those details.

In reference to what Samsung told you, actually, they are the only ones that will be able to provide the information and details about what is compatible with their systems, they should be able to present a list of compatible Wireless cards that it will work with your platform.

The installation process is very important as well, we recommend in this case to have a Samsung technician to install it to make sure it is properly connected to the computer.

The Intel® Dual Band Wireless-N 7260 is not only outdated, also, it might not be fully compatible with your system, the Wireless drivers provided by Samsung might not be customized to work with that Wireless card, and that is the reason why this issue might be happening.

Keep in mind as well that the Intel® Wireless card itself might be defective, there might have a hardware problem with it and a replacement of the device will be needed.

So, for this scenario, if you already installed the driver package provided by Samsung and the problem remains, the best thing to do will be to get in contact directly with Samsung again for them to confirm if the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-N 7260 is fully compatible with their product, for them to do a technical inspection of the computer and if necessary to provide the warranty options for the laptop. You can also verify the warranty policy provided by the place of purchase in the case it is determined the Wireless card is defective:

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
AFran59
Beginner

I have replace the card with a new original model. and the fault is still happening .

I notice the computer is running at a idle tep of 50o is that normal and can overheating cause the wifi to drop out

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

AFran59, Thank you very much for providing those results.

You mentioned that you "replace the card with a new original model" so, just to confirm, what is the model of the Intel® Wireless card currently installed in the computer?

Regarding the temperature scenario, yes, if the computer is overheating that can very well be one cause for the Wireless connection to drop out, however, 50°C is considered a normal temperature for operation but actually Samsung is the only one that will have the parameters to determine if the computer is actually overheating since they are the ones that know the components installed in it and the cooling solution being used. 

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
AFran59
Beginner
The card I put in is a centrino advanced n 6235 the same as the originally installed. Sent from Outlook Mobile
0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

AFran59, Thank you very much for confirming that information.

Just to let you know, the Intel® Centrino® Advanced-N 6235 is under status of: End Of Interactive Support / Discontinued as you can confirm in the following link:

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/66890/intel-centrino-advanced-n-6235-dual-band.html

I will move your thread to the proper department for further assistance.

As an option you may want to try our Discontinued Products Community to get recommendations from fellow community members.:

https://communities.intel.com/community/tech/discontinued-products

Or you may also find the Discontinued Products Website helpful to address your request:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/discontinued-products.html

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos