Items with no label
3335 Discussions

depth image and color image

fwang22
Beginner

Hi,

I can obtain the color image and depth from intel realsense viewer. but there are three questions about it:

first, the .bag file contains color images and depth images,but their numbers don't match.why?

second,I want to convert the depth image to pointcloud, is there a program?

thrid, In the viewer, the frame rate of the camera is only 30. This cannot be changed in the viewer. How to deal with it?

thank you ,

Best Regards,

Nevyn

0 Kudos
1 Solution
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

1. It sounds as though the color and depth needs to be aligned. Intel support team member Alexandra offers advice in the link below about how to do this in the ReealSense Viewer using the 3D point cloud mode.

2. As mentioned above, you can switch the depth to a point cloud in the RealSense Viewer by switching from 2D to 3D mode. You can then export the point cloud as a .ply format file, similar to how you can save a PNG image in the 2D mode.

3. If you are using the depth resolution of 1280x720, this only supports a maximum of 30 FPS. To gain access to 60 FPS, you should drop to the next resolution down, 848X480

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
24 Replies
fwang22
Beginner

Hi MartyG,

I'd like to restate my question

Now my question is to obtain depth image and color image from .bag file .As you said , I got .ply files from .bag files by the convert program,

and we can get the .png files in the same way. The .png files contains the color images and depth images,

but the problem is the number of them is inconsistent.

Thank you,

Nevyn

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

If you need the PNG files too then an alternative to using Convert is a bag to image conversion tool by RealSense developer UnaNancyOwen. It outputs color and IR as jpg, and depth as PNG.

https://github.com/UnaNancyOwen/rs_bag2image GitHub - UnaNancyOwen/rs_bag2image: Tool to convert bag files to image files for RealSense

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Your mention of inconsistencies in the bag reminded me of the phenomenon of frames being dropped from a bag when it is recorded.

0 Kudos
fwang22
Beginner

I've tried the methods mentioned here, I will extract color images and depth images in MATLAB to see if the number of them is consistent.

And I will try the method of RealSense developer UnaNancyOwen.

Thank you!

0 Kudos