Items with no label
3335 Discussions

how do i setup 3 video extended display with my laptop Fujitsu siemens lifebook A532

YGABR
Beginner

I have a Fujitsu siemens A532 core i5 with Intel HD Graphic 4000, driver version 10.18.10.5129

I have an hp pavillon 22xi monitor + a thinkvision ibm monitor.

I am able to use up to 2 displays extended but not 3.

They are both external display usable but not simultaneously .

I have tried all configuration .

I have 2 hmi ports and 1 vga port.

I tried to use the vga on Ibm monitor and HDMI on pavillon port, but didn't work. any help ? thanks

0 Kudos
9 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Is this the version of this laptop with the i5-2450M or i5-3230M? The i5-2450M can only support two monitors whereas the i5-3230M can support three monitors. But, there are ways that you could offer the HDMI and VGA connectors such that only one can be used. I could not find a datasheet or uver's manual for this laptop that detailed how these connectors were supported, so could not verify one way or another. You are going to have to ask Fujitsu this question.

...S

0 Kudos
YGABR
Beginner
hello i can confirm it is an Intel(R) Core (TM) i5-3230M CPU @ 2.6GHz [image: image.png] i can see it from my Device Manager... what i read is that while this pc comes out with windows7 and all people had no troubles to manage 3 monitors with windows 7, with win10 they couldn't apparently.... weird. all 3 displays (the laptop, and the 2 external) works ... i can switch from a screen to another while both connected (so it's not a connection problem), but i CANìT choose all 3 screens together. no way. any suggestions? many thanks
0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Sorry, I got nothing. Perhaps Intel Customer Support has run into this issue before...

...S

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

YGABR, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

Just to let you know, the Intel® Core™ i5-2450M and Intel® Core™ i5-3230M Processors are under status of: End Of Interactive Support / Discontinued as you can confirm in the links below:

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/53452/intel-core-i5-2450m-processor-3m-cache-up-to-3-10-ghz.html

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/72164/intel-core-i5-3230m-processor-3m-cache-up-to-3-20-ghz-rpga.html

I will move your thread to the proper department.

As an option you may want to try our Discontinued Products Community to get recommendations from fellow community members.:

https://communities.intel.com/community/tech/discontinued-products

Or you may also find the Discontinued Products Website helpful to address your request:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/discontinued-products.html

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

@AlbertR_Intel​, he has confirmed having the Intel Core i5-3230M, so it is not an EOL situation quite yet...

...S

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

N. Scott Pearson:

Let me apologize if I was not clear in my previous post. The Intel® Graphics controller on the Intel® Core™ i5-3230M Processor is Intel® HD Graphics 4000 and that Graphics controller is under the status of EOIS.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
YGABR
Beginner
thank you so much for your kind reply . but what does it mean EOIS ? End Of Intel Support ? ^_^ LOL
0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

End of Interactive Support. It means that the device has been discontinued, is unsupported insofar as driver updates are concerned and Intel Customer Support will no longer help you with any issues encountered. You have to rely on peers for help.

...S

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel
Employee

YGABR, Thank you very much for your response.

Thank you @N. Scott Pearson for clarifying that information. 

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos