Items with no label
3335 Discussions

intel board dx58so with post code 95

FGABR5
Beginner

Boot stays for 4 - 5 minutes with a screen showing post code 95. After that the system starts normally.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Try a different keyboard.

95 is "Instructing keyboard controller to run Self Test (PS2 only)"

Also, what is your bios rev?

Doc

0 Kudos
FGABR5
Beginner
I´ll try a different Keyboard. DX58SO – BIOS: BIOS Manufacturer: Insyde Software BIOS Date: 04/14/2010 BIOS Version: SOX5810J.86A.5200.2010.0414.1420 UEFI BIOS: Capable Fábio Cury Gabriel
0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

The latest bios for your board is 5600 from July 2013. I have attached it.

Install this bios and test the board/keyboard again.

Doc

0 Kudos
FGABR5
Beginner
Thanks. I´ll install it and give you a feedback about the results. I tried to boot using another usb keyboard but the problem was the same. I will apply the Bios update. Bellow is the information about my keyboard: Device Manufacturer: N/A Product Name: USB Keyboard Serial Number: N/A USB Version Supported: 1.10 USB Device Speed: USB 1.1 Low-speed Driver Description: USB Composite Device Hardware ID: USB\VID_1A2C&PID_2C27 Driver Information Driver Manufacturer: (Standard USB Host Controller) Driver Description: USB Composite Device Driver Provider: Microsoft Driver Version: 6.1.7601.24138 Driver Date: 20-Jun-2006 DeviceInstanceId USB\VID_1A2C&PID_2C27\5&179A28A8&0&1 Fábio Cury Gabriel
0 Kudos
FGABR5
Beginner
Is this Bios Update to be installed using F7 BOOT Option? If so, do you have the Windows EXE version? Fábio Cury Gabriel
0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

F7 is what you want.

Follow Scott's procedure to the letter.

https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D50P00004VhEOFSA3/how-to-upgrade-dz75ml45k-bios-from-0006-to-0017

Doc

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

5A is "Resetting PATA/SATA bus and all devices"

You could have a HDD or even a CD/DVD drive that is dragging down your system. Unplug ALL unnecessary drives and boot.

Doc

0 Kudos
FGABR5
Beginner

The problem was solved and as I could see, it was related to some kind of corruption or bug associated with SATA DRIVES CONFIGURATION. The Parameter HARD DISK PRE-DELAY was set to ZERO (0), the default value. I changed it to 5 (five seconds) and after that, the POST time was reduced to 7 seconds, including the 5s of the hard-disk pre-delay parameter. After that, I returned the parameter to the default value ZERO (no delay) and Windows boot time returned to normal (before the problem).

OBS: The problem started after a video card replacement (the old one was defective).

I´d like to thank you for all your support and help.

Fábio.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Glad you have it working.

Doc

0 Kudos