Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

Encode/Decode a JPEG, PNG or TIFF

georgiswan
Beginner

Hello,

Is there a high-level way to encode/decode a JPEG, PNG or TIFF with Intel Media SDK. I passed through the sample_encode and sample_decode on the github, but those are way too onerous to start with the library.

I would like something that I could call and get the buffer without problem and with the performance of the Intel library.

I was previously working with IPP 7.0 (deprecated ippj.h), but I'm trying to port my solution on Intel compiler 2017 and IPP 9.0.

Is someone can help me with simple code just to load images, no need to run on video.

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Anna_B_Intel
Employee

Hi Georgiswan,

Intel Media SDK supports JPEG. Please see details here: https://software.intel.com/sites/default/files/managed/46/e9/mediasdkjpeg-man.pdf

Best wishes,

Anna 

0 Kudos