Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12646 Discussions

Download Quartus 12.1 Sp1

lfe
Beginner

We have an older product which was developed using SOPC design flow which which we do not want to upgrade to Qsys.

We want to setup a new computer using Quartus 12.1 which is the last version supporting SOPC.

Anyone know where we can find Quartus 12.1 web edition to download

Thx

Larry

0 Kudos
8 Replies
ak6dn
Valued Contributor III

As of March of 2020 Intel deprecated most older versions of Quartus and they are no longer available for public download.

13.0sp1, 13.0, and 17.0 and newer are still available at the public download page:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/collections/products/fpga/software/downloads.html?s=Newest

You need to get the specific attention of an Intel support person to arrange for a private download, if they feel it is warranted.

0 Kudos
lfe
Beginner
Thanks. I have communicated with intel on this and hoping for the best. I won’t say how I really feel about this on a public forum. I’ll just say disappointed in the transition from Altera
0 Kudos
ak6dn
Valued Contributor III

LOL you and me and lots of others, I think.

Lots of folks have old legacy FPGA designs they inherit from some past designer that left the company and now they need to make changes.

But the software tools left with the designer, and weren't archived.

Altera left all the old versions online on an as-is basis. Nice.

Intel likes to make things disappear as soon as they go EOL. Not so nice.

EOL for Intel does NOT mean EOL for users.

I have made a habit of downloading the full install for any tool I use and then archiving the install tools on a backup media.

0 Kudos
ShengN_Intel
Employee

Sent you an email.

0 Kudos
Chintan_fpga
Beginner

Is it possible to get Quartus 12.1 emailed? I am in a similar predicament as others here, needing to build a Quartus project that was created in 12.1 tools

0 Kudos
_AK6DN_
Valued Contributor II

I have a 12.0sp2 install file and it is about 3GB in size.

Emailing files of this size is not possible (unless you break it into 3000 1MB chunks lol).

You'll have to convince Intel that you need this specific version and they may give you a download link.

You would be better off converting to 13.0sp1 if you can, which is fully available for public download.

ThunderHorn
Beginner

Hello, I have the same problem.

Upgrading is not an option.

How long does it takes to the support to answer?

Btw you can set a Gdrive if you like to share the installer.

0 Kudos
monkstein
Novice

FYI, 

If anyone happens to be looking for older versions of Quartus II (Web Edition), they can check the archive.org. 

You can find a torrent in the (it seems someone really had the wisdom and foresight to do to preserve "old stuff" ) containing several versions of the program:

https://archive.org/details/quartus2

monkstein_0-1723776457995.png

Cheers,

M.M.

0 Kudos