Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++

Germs/Flash size in binary?

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi 

I want to know how I can calculate the size of my .germs / .flash files when they are burnt into the flash. What size are they in binary??? 

Regards upfront 

GreateWhite.DK
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi -- 

I'm not sure I understand your question. 

The utilities srec2flash and hexout2flash each report the address range as they run. 

Afterwards, you can inspect the file (though you need to understand the various s-record or hexout formats to make sense f it). 

-- dvb
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi dvb. 

Thanks for your answer on my post. 

Yes the srec2flash reports this, but the hexout2flash does not. 

hexout2flash uses 0x600000 a default base adr and a size of 0xA2A00(666112 bytes). My safe image is compressed and the .sof file has a size of 408k. How do a calculate the size when this has been stored on the flash? 

I also want to calculate the size of my WOSFS.germs file. The WOSFS.germs contains my filesystem with som compressed files that I will extract directly into the RAM. When it is stored in the flash I don&#39;t know the exact size .(I could just take the file sizes of the files and add them up and then use this size, but that seems to be a bit newbie http://forum.niosforum.com/work2/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ohmy.gif ) and not very exact). 

Regards 

GreateWhite.DK
0 Kudos