Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12618 Discussions

How to use Nios to save the output of a module into a file in pc?

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi all, 

I'm using the cyclone2 ep2c35 fpga and I would like to save the system output in pc for further analysis. I've heard that using Nios is a somewhat efficient and easy-to-use way to achieve this. But I am a totally new-comer in this field. So anyone can give me some instrcuntions on how to do this? Some valueable basic principles and general ideas would be sufficent. Thanks a lot!!
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi 

Can you please tell me about you project and what is the output format of your project?
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thanks for your reply. 

The module is a sigma-delta modulator of 3-order-and-5-level, thus its output is a sequence of numbers with width 3 varying from -2 to 2. The sequence looks like, for example, -2, 0, 1, 1, 2, 0, -1 ... 

The modulator is working at the frequency of 20MHz. But since its input rate is 5MHz, its output rate is 5MHz too. 

Right now I really have no idea of how to make this happen. I have some immature thoughts of using JTAG UART to realize it. But I don't know whether it is workable. 

Thanks again.
0 Kudos