Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++

Running quartus_pgmw...

Altera_Forum
명예로운 기여자 II
1,635 조회수

Is it possible to run the programmer without having to install the whole suite? 

So far I've copied across all DLLs and the tcl8.4 subdirectory from C:\altera\quartus51sp1\bin. Also jtagserver.exe 

The programmer can detect cable and device, can open the POF file, but reports "Device EPCS1 is not supported" (Active Serial Mode) 

In JTAG mode it detects the device but identifies it as "unknown" 

Is it possible to fix this with a (config) file or do I have to install the whole suite?
0 포인트
4 응답
Altera_Forum
명예로운 기여자 II
318 조회수

With the Linux version, there's a pgm_parts.txt file that contains all of this device info. Perhaps the same is true for the Win32 version?? It's worth a try! 

- slacker
0 포인트
Altera_Forum
명예로운 기여자 II
318 조회수

I tried that and it started throwing exceptions. 

Tried copying the whole bin directory over, no better. 

Tried doing full install of Quartus, using my fast account access to obtain a license file. 

Not received a file (2 hours now) and both the "new install" and the installation on my own machine now refuse to work!
0 포인트
Altera_Forum
명예로운 기여자 II
318 조회수

There should be a standalone version of the programmer, and there are instructions on how to install even the flash programmer, standalone, in the Flash Programmer User's Guide. 

So, perhaps it would be better to follow the instructions, there, rather than guessing?? 

- slacker
0 포인트
Altera_Forum
명예로운 기여자 II
318 조회수

Ahaa - didn't realise there's a "stand alone programmer" 

https://www.altera.com/support/software/dow..._programmer.jsp (https://www.altera.com/support/software/download/programming/quartus2/dnl-quartus2_programmer.jsp

Also sorted the licensing out. 

Thanks for the help.
0 포인트
응답