OpenCL* for CPU
Ask questions and share information on Intel® SDK for OpenCL™ Applications and OpenCL™ implementations for Intel® CPU.
Announcements
This forum covers OpenCL* for CPU only. OpenCL* for GPU questions can be asked in the GPU Compute Software forum. Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™ questions can be ask in the FPGA Intel® High Level Design forum.

[Announcement][Windows* OS] Intel® CPU Runtime for OpenCL™ Applications 16.1.2 to 18.1 upgrade path, troubleshooting, and fixes

Michael_C_Intel1

Hello Windows* OS OpenCL™  users,

*Update 20181025*

Some users have reported platform interrogation discrepancies when: 

• installing Intel® CPU Runtime for OpenCL™ Applications 18.1 for Windows* OS over a 16.1.2 installation
  • after uninstalling version 16.1.2.

OpenCL™ programs are said to observe an extra, non-existant CPU platform and/or device. Uninstallation of 16.1.2 may leave assets on disk... the following system alterations should help complete uninstallation procedure for 16.1.2:

1) Remove following registry keys:

• On 32-bit OS:
    • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Khronos\OpenCL\Vendors\intelopencl32.dll
  • On 64-bit OS:
    • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Khronos\OpenCL\Vendors\intelopencl64.dll
    • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Khronos\OpenCL\Vendors\intelopencl32.dll

2) (optional) Remove following files if they exist:

• On 32-bit
  • On 64-bit
    • C:\Windows\SysWOW64\intelopencl32.dll

*End update 20181025*

For more information on manual installation of runtimes, users should refer to the guidance in section 5.1 of the release notes.

See full 18.1 release notes

Please add any related issues or experiences to this forum post... thanks.

-MichaelC

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Defilippi__Marco
Beginner

Hi,

I have found a problem during the execution of my opencl code after updating the driver (16.2 to 18.1).

The processing stops without any erros during the kernel execution.

After investigating the code, I have discovered that the cause could be the while loop I have inside (only one).

More to the point, I have a while loop where inside are present many instructions and calculations, so it is quite long.

Therefore, I tried to change the while loop in a for cycle and now everything works properly fine.

All of this, could be related to code optimization issues with the driver 18.1 ?

Thank you in advance for your answer.

Bests,

Marco

0 Kudos