OpenCL* for CPU
Ask questions and share information on Intel® SDK for OpenCL™ Applications and OpenCL™ implementations for Intel® CPU.
Announcements
This forum covers OpenCL* for CPU only. OpenCL* for GPU questions can be asked in the GPU Compute Software forum. Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™ questions can be ask in the FPGA Intel® High Level Design forum.
1718 Discussions

Apple's OpenCL quaternion Julia on Windows

Alexander_Agathos
If you have a 3rd generation can you test the GPU capabilities of the Intels HD chip on your CPU?
On the console in the folder created when you unzip the file you have to type : qJulia Intel
I am wondering whether typing : qJulia cpu also works can you test this also. The OpenCL runs on the CPU.
I have a first generation i7 and can't test these.
The file qJulia.rar is without any virus 100% guarantee.
Cheers,
Alexander.
0 Kudos
5 Replies
ARNON_P_Intel
Employee
Thanks for sharing,
We will let you know if we can process your request,
Regards,
Arnon
0 Kudos
Alexander_Agathos
Thanks for sharing,
We will let you know if we can process your request,
Regards,
Arnon

Well I need to find the cause of the problem because the example runs only on NVIDIA cards, it is probaly the DLLs I inculde not certain. The good thing is that you can run now with Intel SDK qJulia cpu because you have inserted the DirectX and OpenGL Interoperability. Cool. I need to just fix the graphics issues and it will run with all computers. It does not run on an AMD card also so do not be alarmed if it doesn't run. I will allocate an hour to see what is the problem.
0 Kudos
Alexander_Agathos
After a tough race with the Siggraph Asia deadline its time for me to see what is going on here...
I have found glut for 64 bit and glew for 64 bit independent from NVIDIA. Lets see what is going on with the OpenGL interoperability issue...
What a better way for a tech-geek to spend his weekend than OpenCL combined with OpenGL indeed.
0 Kudos
Alexander_Agathos
I have extracted any NVIDIA association with the Solution I present.
I am using Intel's OpenCL library so you can run the Solution.
In the command prompt in the directory Output inside qJulia directory you should write:
qJulia cpu (for cpu run of the kernel)
qJulia Intel (for Intel's new GPU of the 3rd generation CPU).
Enjoy. If you can't run it then you have a problem...

Cheers,
Alexander.
0 Kudos
Alexander_Agathos
In my cpu (1st generation i7) when I type qJulia cpu it shows the glut window draws the first frame and it gets stuck...:-( Maybe it can run only with a 3rd generation cpu. This is what I want to know.
Anyone with a 3rd generation CPU?
0 Kudos