OpenCL* for CPU
Ask questions and share information on Intel® SDK for OpenCL™ Applications and OpenCL™ implementations for Intel® CPU.
Announcements
This forum covers OpenCL* for CPU only. OpenCL* for GPU questions can be asked in the GPU Compute Software forum. Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™ questions can be ask in the FPGA Intel® High Level Design forum.
1718 Discussions

Availability of IWOCL poster: "Accelerating SGEMM with Subgroups"

allanmac1
Beginner

Will this poster be made available online:

Accelerating SGEMM with Subgroups

The concept of a subgroup was introduced in the OpenCL 2.0 spec and is an optional Khronos OpenCL extension. This poster will describe work done at Intel to accelerate the SGEMM matrix multiplication algorithm on Intel GPUs using subgroups. Using subgroups, we were able to achieve SGEMM performance results that were comparable to our best hand-written assembler results.

?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Robert_I_Intel
Employee

Hi Allan,

We just got out first Skull Canyon today :) - I can try SGEMM there: probably next week, since I am working from home this week, and will let you know how it goes.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Robert_I_Intel
Employee

Hi Allen,

See the document below. Let me know if you have further questions.

0 Kudos
allanmac1
Beginner

Thanks, this is a nice result!

0 Kudos
Robert_I_Intel
Employee

Hi Allan,

Check out this article (the sample code is at the end of it). https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/sgemm-for-intel-processor-graphics

Let me know what you think!

0 Kudos
allanmac1
Beginner

Nice article!

A possible followup article could demonstrate FP16 half float multiply and FP32 accumulate on Gen8 (if 'half' support is added).

There is a lot of interest in FP16 since there are performance, power and bandwidth benefits while still being precise enough for certain applications.

0 Kudos
Robert_I_Intel
Employee

Allan,

FYI: we are working on FP16 example - coming soon :)

0 Kudos
allanmac1
Beginner

Robert -- how about some HD 580 Skull Canyon SGEMM benchmarks?

0 Kudos
Robert_I_Intel
Employee

Hi Allan,

We just got out first Skull Canyon today :) - I can try SGEMM there: probably next week, since I am working from home this week, and will let you know how it goes.

0 Kudos