OpenCL* for CPU
Ask questions and share information on Intel® SDK for OpenCL™ Applications and OpenCL™ implementations for Intel® CPU.
Announcements
This forum covers OpenCL* for CPU only. OpenCL* for GPU questions can be asked in the GPU Compute Software forum. Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™ questions can be ask in the FPGA Intel® High Level Design forum.
1718 Discussions

Can Intel OpenCL SDK 1.5 support the GPU of Sandy Bridge architecture?

lcchen008
Beginner
Recently, I bought an i7-2600K, which has the Sandy Bridge architecture. I tried the Intel OpenCL 1.5 on the CPU, and it works. But it seems that it does not support the GPU on the Sandy Bridge architecure. Anyone who knows this? Thanks.
0 Kudos
5 Replies
ARNON_P_Intel
Employee
Intel OpenCL SDK 1.5 supports only CPU device on intel platfroms.
For more information go to Intel OpenCL SDK FAQ page at:http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/opencl-sdk-frequently-asked-questions/#10
Regards,
- Arnon
0 Kudos
lcchen008
Beginner
Will the incoming editions of Intel OpenCL SDKs support the Sandy Bridge GPUs?
0 Kudos
ARNON_P_Intel
Employee
We are not using this forum to comment on future plans, the Q&A, linked above, should provide enough information.
0 Kudos
nisam_d_
Beginner

im running Intel® Core™ i5-2410M CPU @ 2.30GHz × 4  graphics:Intel® Sandybridge Mobile

os kali linux . i want to install opencl for my device . which version should i download . pls help

0 Kudos
Jeffrey_M_Intel1
Employee

The OpenCL drivers on our driver page and in Media Server Studio only support newer processors.  If your processor is older than 4th Generation Core your best OpenCL option may be Beignet.

0 Kudos