OpenCL* for CPU
Ask questions and share information on Intel® SDK for OpenCL™ Applications and OpenCL™ implementations for Intel® CPU.
Announcements
This forum covers OpenCL* for CPU only. OpenCL* for GPU questions can be asked in the GPU Compute Software forum. Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™ questions can be ask in the FPGA Intel® High Level Design forum.
1718 Discussions

Code Builder does not work

Hegner__Robert
Beginner

I installed the following two things:

• intel_sdk_for_opencl_setup_6.0.0.1049.exe
  • opencl_runtime_16.1_x64_setup.msi

Now when I click on any of the Code-Builder menu items in Visual Studio I get the following error:

Code Builder initialization failed:

Unable to load DLL 'KernelBuilderAPI.dll': The specified procedure could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007F)

I verified that KernelBuilderAPI.dll exists in both C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\OpenCL SDK\bin\[x86/x64] - but neither of these paths has been added to my PATH environment variable (is this normal?):

Here are some further infos about my system:

• Visual Studio Enterprise 2015 Version 14.0.25123.00 Update 2
  • Windows 7 Enterprise Service Pack 1, 64Bit
  • Intel Xeon CPU E3-1271 v3 @ 3.60GHz
  • NVIDIA Quadro K4000

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Hegner__Robert
Beginner

It seems to work with opencl_runtime_15.1_x64_setup.msi

0 Kudos
Uri_L_Intel
Employee

Hi Robert,

It seems like something is corrupted with the OpenCL driver installation and some files are missing.

Please try to re-installing the OpenCL CPU runtime (opencl_runtime_16.1_x64_setup.msi) and try again.

Once installation is done, please ensure that the OpenCL ICD (OpenCL.dll) resides in the windows installations folder: both the 32-bit version (under C:\Windows\SysWOW64) and the 64-bit version (under C:\Windows\System32)

If the files are still not there, try to copy them manually into the system folders from the SDK Folder (%INTELOCLSDKROOT%\bin\icd)

Thanks,

Uri

0 Kudos
Richard_F_3
Beginner

I have the same Problem. I tried opencl_runtime_16.1_x64_setup again and no luck. Guess I'll try  opencl_runtime_15.1_x64_setup

0 Kudos