OpenCL* for CPU
Ask questions and share information on Intel® SDK for OpenCL™ Applications and OpenCL™ implementations for Intel® CPU.
Announcements
This forum covers OpenCL* for CPU only. OpenCL* for GPU questions can be asked in the GPU Compute Software forum. Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™ questions can be ask in the FPGA Intel® High Level Design forum.
1719 Discussions

Error when I run occupancy for kernels

David_C_13
Beginner

I am using Visual Studio Community 2013 Version 12 Update 4 and OpenCL Code Builder 1.4.0.25 on 64-bit laptop (Windows 8.1, Intel Core i5-5200U and GPU HD Graphics 5500).

When I try to run occupancy for kernels, I get a script error. On line 2863, character 98,  ":" was expected.

How can I fix the problem?

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Robert_I_Intel
Employee

Hi David,

Could you provide me with the kernels or at least one kernel where you see this issue? You can either post the kernel here, or if it is of a proprietary nature, please send me a private message. I will try to reproduce the issue and if I can reproduce it, I will file a bug. Thanks!

0 Kudos
David_C_13
Beginner

Hi Robert,

Every time I can get info of occupancy, I get this error. For instance, from Intel examples, I get this error with ToneMapping, BitonicSort or GodRays projects.

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Robert_I_Intel
Employee

Hi David,

What version of the graphics driver are you using? I am using 10.18.14.4222 driver and don't see the problem. I just noticed they released the latest graphics driver: please see here https://downloadcenter.intel.com/search?keyword=Intel%C2%AE+HD+Graphics+5500+for+5th+Generation+Intel%C2%AE+Core%E2%84%A2+Processors 

Please make sure to update the driver to the latest or the one before latest and see if you still observe the issue.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
David_C_13
Beginner

Hi Robert,

I have updated my drivers to 10.18.14.4222 and I still get error. Should I update Visual Studio? use the latest graphic driver?

Besides that, I have tried to profile your Sierpinski Carpet example and when I try to run Analyzer session, my computer freezes. Can nested parellism be profiled with Code Builder?

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Robert_I_Intel
Employee

I am using 4222 driver + Visual Studio 2013 Update 4 Ultimate or Professional edition. I will check w/ developers to see if Community edition might be the problem. You might try the latest and greatest driver just to check whether it is driver related and exclude that possibility.

OpenCL 2.0 is very poorly supported by the tools, so I am not surprised that Analyzer freezes. Debugger and Analyzer don't support OpenCL 2.0 despite my repeated requests. Support for OpenCL 2.0 is coming eventually.

0 Kudos
David_C_13
Beginner

Hi Robert,

I have just updated my graphic drivers to latest version and I still get the same problem.

Does VTune support better OpenCL 2.0?

Thanks for your effort

0 Kudos
Robert_I_Intel
Employee

In Vtune you will see OpenCL 2.0 self-enqueued kernels as one undifferentiated blob: usually you will be able to figure out the kernel boundaries, but still OpenCL 2.0 support could be much better. VTune team knows about this as well. At least, your OpenCL 2.0 kernels won't crash Vtune

0 Kudos