OpenCL* for CPU
Ask questions and share information on Intel® SDK for OpenCL™ Applications and OpenCL™ implementations for Intel® CPU.
Announcements
This forum covers OpenCL* for CPU only. OpenCL* for GPU questions can be asked in the GPU Compute Software forum. Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™ questions can be ask in the FPGA Intel® High Level Design forum.
1719 Discussions

Error when creating OpenCL Project with Intel OpenCL SDK on VS2012 and VS2013

Edgardo_Doerner

Dear all,

Unfortunately I have a problem when creating a project using the "OpenCL" option, offered with the Intel OpenCL SDK 2014

The system gives the following message:

Not implemented (Exception from HRESULT : 0x80004001 (E_NOTIMPL))

I have tried to uninstall, reinstall, redownload, etc both VS2012, VS2013 and Intel OpenCL SDK without success. Even with different computers happens the same. This error occurs when I try to add an OpenCL project to a Solution. The workaround for the moment is to add the project as a C++ one and then convert it to the OpenCL API and edit manually the project properties. 

Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Jeffrey_M_Intel1
Employee

Thanks for your report.  I'm seeing some things that we may want to improve about OpenCL projects, but so far I am having trouble replicating your results.  

Here are the steps I'm using with VS 2012:

1. Create new OpenCL Codebuilder project (OpenCL project is under Visual C++, after Win32 and before Windows Phone)
  2. Pick one of the OpenCL project types for the Wizard (empty, template, sample)
  3. open properties for new project
  4. Set configuration (all), Platform(all) 
  5. Under configuration properties/general set Visual Studio 2012(v110) as Platform Toolset (default is v100, VS 2010 toolset.)

This project can be added to other solutions or used as is.  Is this like what you're doing?

0 Kudos
Edgardo_Doerner

thanks for the answer,

well, I am able to do all the steps with the first project of the solution, but if I want to add a second project (OpenCL) I obtain the error mentioned above. The workaround is to add a simple C++ project and then convert it to the OpenCL API...  thanks for your help

0 Kudos
Jeffrey_M_Intel1
Employee

Very glad you've got a workaround.  I've tried to replicate with multiple solutions containing multiple projects with VS 2012, but other than needing to update the platform toolset I have not seen any difficulties.  We want our OpenCL to be as user friendly as possible, so I'll keep my eyes open for issues like this in the future.  If others see problems like this, please let us know!

0 Kudos