OpenCL* for CPU
Ask questions and share information on Intel® SDK for OpenCL™ Applications and OpenCL™ implementations for Intel® CPU.
Announcements
This forum covers OpenCL* for CPU only. OpenCL* for GPU questions can be asked in the GPU Compute Software forum. Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™ questions can be ask in the FPGA Intel® High Level Design forum.
1718 Discussions

Existing code using OpenCL C++ Wrapper would not compile properly

WeiChong_T_Intel
Employee

Hi,

I have an existing C++ application that uses OpenCL C++ Wrapper API, which compiled on an earlier Intel OpenCL SDK (I forgot the version), but after I upgrade my laptop to Windows 8.1, Visual Studio 2013 Ultmate, with the below spec:

Intel® Driver Update Utility 

Product Detected  Intel® HD Graphics 4400  
Current Driver Installed  10.18.10.3907  
Your driver is current.  

Intel® SDK for OpenCL Applications 2014 version 4.6.0.92

My code would no longer compile.  The errors is:

Warning    1    warning C4996: 'clCreateSampler': was declared deprecated    C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\OpenCL SDK\4.6\include\CL\cl.hpp    4312    1    OpenCLProject1
Warning    2    warning C4996: 'clCreateCommandQueue': was declared deprecated    C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\OpenCL SDK\4.6\include\CL\cl.hpp    5118    1    OpenCLProject1
Warning    3    warning C4996: 'clCreateCommandQueue': was declared deprecated    C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\OpenCL SDK\4.6\include\CL\cl.hpp    5148    1    OpenCLProject1
Warning    4    warning C4996: 'clCreateCommandQueue': was declared deprecated    C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\OpenCL SDK\4.6\include\CL\cl.hpp    5166    1    OpenCLProject1
Warning    5    warning C4996: 'clEnqueueTask': was declared deprecated    C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\OpenCL SDK\4.6\include\CL\cl.hpp    5947    1    OpenCLProject1
    6    IntelliSense: member "cl::detail::Wrapper<cl_device_id>::object_" (declared at line 1787 of "C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\OpenCL SDK\4.6\include\CL/cl.hpp") is inaccessible    c:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\OpenCL SDK\4.6\include\CL\cl.hpp    1819    23    OpenCLProject1
    7    IntelliSense: member "cl::detail::Wrapper<cl_device_id>::object_" (declared at line 1787 of "C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\OpenCL SDK\4.6\include\CL/cl.hpp") is inaccessible    c:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\OpenCL SDK\4.6\include\CL\cl.hpp    1827    23    OpenCLProject1
    8    IntelliSense: member "cl::detail::Wrapper<cl_device_id>::referenceCountable_" (declared at line 1788 of "C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\OpenCL SDK\4.6\include\CL/cl.hpp") is inaccessible    c:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\OpenCL SDK\4.6\include\CL\cl.hpp    1828    35    OpenCLProject1

Is this because of version incompatiblity? If so, is there a way I can find out the correct version and specifically build my application against that version?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Robert_I_Intel
Employee

Wei Chong,

Were you able to resolve the issue? Is this the same project that you sent me? I haven't encountered this particular problem. Could you send me the project with this issue directly to my email.

0 Kudos