OpenCL* for CPU
Ask questions and share information on Intel® SDK for OpenCL™ Applications and OpenCL™ implementations for Intel® CPU.
Announcements
This forum covers OpenCL* for CPU only. OpenCL* for GPU questions can be asked in the GPU Compute Software forum. Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™ questions can be ask in the FPGA Intel® High Level Design forum.

ICD related problem

ryuuken
Beginner

Hello,

I have a laptop with an Intel CPU and a NVIDIA GPU. I have some problems on compiling/running OpenCL program on both of these platforms.

On Windows 7, first I have installed the NVIDIA driver and SDK in order to develop OpenCL program andI configured Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Express; it was alright. Then, I installed Intell SDK and tried to configured Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Express. I installed everything in 32-bits.

Two platforms are found with clGetPlatformIDs but a call of clGetPlatformInfo gives an error.
So I suppose the problem is related to the OpenCL ICD. Indeed, I have not understoodthe"Installable Client Driver (ICD) Modification" section explanations of the installation notes actually, and so I have not done any modification with regards to that.

I would be grateful if you canhelp me fix my problem.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Uri_L_Intel
Employee
Hello,

Please try to manually delete the OpenCL ICD (OpenCL.dll) from the system folder (C:\Winodws\System32\OpenCL.dll) and re-install Intel OpenCL SDK.

Thanks,
Uri
0 Kudos
rimtun
Beginner
microsoft visual studio c++ 2010 could not support intel opencl SDK
you have to install visual studio 2008 because it contain the debugger opencl
0 Kudos
ARNON_P_Intel
Employee
With new release (2012) you can now work with Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 as well.
Regards,
- Arnon
0 Kudos