OpenCL* for CPU
Ask questions and share information on Intel® SDK for OpenCL™ Applications and OpenCL™ implementations for Intel® CPU.
Announcements
This forum covers OpenCL* for CPU only. OpenCL* for GPU questions can be asked in the GPU Compute Software forum. Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™ questions can be ask in the FPGA Intel® High Level Design forum.
1719 Discussions

Intel HD4600 not supported!

HansA_P_
Beginner

Hello *,

OpenCL doesn't use my HD4600 graphics. My configuration is:

- Windows 7 Prof

- Intel Core i7-4810 MQ

- Intel HD4600 Graphics

- AMD FirePro W4170M Graphics

The Intel CodeBuilder plugin for VisualStudio shows OpenCL support for the AMD graphics, but not for HD4600. I installed the latest drivers, as recommended for OpenCL.

What is wrong, how do I enable OpenCL for the HD4600?

Regards,

Michael

0 Kudos
4 Replies
gaston-hillar
Valued Contributor I
0 Kudos
HansA_P_
Beginner

Hello Gaston,

thanks for your advise, I also saw that thread and I use the SDK mentioned there. But it still doesn't work with the HD4600, the second graphics card from AMD works fine.

So any help and advise to this problem is welcome.

0 Kudos
Jeffrey_M_Intel1
Employee

Multi-GPU support can be tricky.  Since system architectures vary so much the answer can be very system specific.

Some things to try:

• Older versions of DirectX (as default for older versions of Windows) require a monitor to be associated with a device to use it.  Newer versions of DirectX, starting with DX11, have much greater flexibility.  You can test by moving your monitor connection from the discrete card to the motherboard.
  • Switchable graphics settings
  • BIOS graphics adapter settings
0 Kudos
gaston-hillar
Valued Contributor I

@Hansa,

I have very different system configurations. Thus, unluckily, I cannot provide additional help for this topic.

0 Kudos