OpenCL* for CPU
Ask questions and share information on Intel® SDK for OpenCL™ Applications and OpenCL™ implementations for Intel® CPU.
Announcements
This forum covers OpenCL* for CPU only. OpenCL* for GPU questions can be asked in the GPU Compute Software forum. Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™ questions can be ask in the FPGA Intel® High Level Design forum.
1718 Discussions

Kernel Builder Error: Failed to Create Context for OpenCL MIC device.

Sumedh_N_Intel
Employee

Hi, 

I am trying to use the Kernel Builder to build a kernel for the Intel Xeon Phi coprocessor. However, I keep getting the following messages in the log: 

Using default insturtcion set architecture.

Failed to create context for Intel OpenCL MIC device...

Build Failed!

I am not quite sure of what I am doing wrong or if I am missing something. 

Thanks, 

Sumedh

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Arik_Z_Intel
Employee

Which version of the SDK is installed on your machine? which Runtime version?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Yuri_K_Intel
Employee
Hi Sumedh, In addition to question from Arik I'd like to ask if you are able to run successfully any OpenCL sample/application on Xeon Phi? Just to be sure that this is Kernel Builder related issue and not something else. Yuri
0 Kudos
Sumedh_N_Intel
Employee

I am sorry for this super late reply. I am using OpenCL-1.2-3.0.67279. How do i find which runtime version is installed on my system?

Also, I was am able to compile and run the same code on Intel Xeon Phi coprocessor without any trouble. I am just unable to get the code to compile with the Kernel Builder. 

Another thing that I noticed is that this time when I use the Kernel Builder (3.0.0.1) the warnings changed a bit from my last post. Since this a shared system, I am unsure if anyone updated the system. Now the errors look like this : 

Setting target instruction set architecture to: Default

Intel OpenCL Xeon Phi Coprocessor device was found!

Failed to context's devices...

Build Failed!

Thanks a lot for your help. 

0 Kudos