OpenCL* for CPU
Ask questions and share information on Intel® SDK for OpenCL™ Applications and OpenCL™ implementations for Intel® CPU.
Announcements
This forum covers OpenCL* for CPU only. OpenCL* for GPU questions can be asked in the GPU Compute Software forum. Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™ questions can be ask in the FPGA Intel® High Level Design forum.

New Release: SDK 2013 R2 with support on Windows 8.1 and Intel Atom Processors

ARNON_P_Intel
Employee

Dear OpenCL developers,

I'm happy to announce the release of Intel® SDK for OpenCL* Applications 2013 R2 for Windows* 8.1.

What’s New in 2013 R2?

NOTE:
2013 R2 currently supports Windows 8.1 only with these two drivers:

• Intel® Iris™ and HD graphics Driver for Windows 8.1 (version 15.33.5), available here
  • Intel® HD Graphics Drivers for Windows 8.1 (version 15.33.3) for Intel Atom processors formerly “Bay Trail”, available here.

For Windows 7 and 8 support, use the previous release.

In addition, we have update our SDK web site with new resources, videos, and new Learn tab.

To learn more about OpenCL on Intel Graphics and the development tools available, register now to our fall webinars series.

Regards,

Arnon Peleg,

OpenCL Product Manager

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Maxim_S_Intel
Employee

P.S. The linl to the 2013 R2 SDK itself is here: http://software.intel.com/en-us/vcsource/tools/opencl-sdk

0 Kudos
Murali_M_
Beginner

Hi I am interested in knowing which of the HD graphics support the hardware accelerated motion estimation kernels (cl_accelerator_intel, cl_intel_motion_estimation ).

Regards

Murali

0 Kudos
Favreau__Cyrille
Beginner

Cool, I was stopped in my developments because of my Windows 8.1 update. Great news. Keep it up!

0 Kudos
Buggy_Zwo
Beginner

I am running on Windows 8.1 x64. I have the Intel OpenCL SDK installed (the first release). I tried updating it to R2, but if fails with the message:

"Intel SDK for OpenCL Applications 2013 designed to work on Microsoft Vista x64, Windows 7 x64. Windows Server 2008 R2 x64 operating systems only. The installer detected that you're trying to install the SDK on a different version. Aborting installation."

I have downloaded the correct file "intel_sdk_for_ocl_applications_2013_r2_x64_setup.exe" for Windows 8.1, what's wrong?

0 Kudos
ARNON_P_Intel
Employee

Hi all,

Please upgrade to the new SDK 2013 Release 3 and upgrade your Intel Graphics Driver to version 15.33.8. With the new driver version and the SDK you should be able to install on Windows 7/8/8.1.

With new driver the Motion Estimation extension should work with:

• 3rd Generation Intel® Core™ Processors with Intel® HD Graphics 4000/2500
  • 4th Generation Intel® Core™ Processors with:
    • Intel® HD Graphics 4200/ 4400/4600/5000
    • Intel® Iris™ Graphics 5100
    • Intel® Iris™ Pro graphics 5200

A new code sample and a paper on how to use this new extension are now available on the SDK page.

Thanks

Arnon

0 Kudos
Philipp_S_
Beginner

Hi,

for the 2013 R3 SDK I noticed that there is OpenCL support for the former "Bay Trail" Atom Z3000 series of processors. I'm just wondering if this also includes support for their embedded counterparts out of the "Bay Trail" Atom E3800 series?

If support is not included yet in the SDK, are there plans to extend the OpenCL support also to the Atom E3800 series?

Thanks,

Philipp

0 Kudos
Philipp_S_
Beginner

Started a new topic on E3800 support:

http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/topic/499435

0 Kudos