OpenCL* for CPU
Ask questions and share information on Intel® SDK for OpenCL™ Applications and OpenCL™ implementations for Intel® CPU.
Announcements
This forum covers OpenCL* for CPU only. OpenCL* for GPU questions can be asked in the GPU Compute Software forum. Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™ questions can be ask in the FPGA Intel® High Level Design forum.
1719 Discussions

OpenCL for the MIC does is missing dependencies?

Matthias_Kretz
New Contributor I

Hi,

it appears my MPSS is too new to install OpenCL for the MIC? This is what rpm tells me:

error: Failed dependencies:
        intel-mic >= 2.1.4346 is needed by opencl-1.2-intel-mic-1:3.1.1.11385-1.x86_64

The rpm names of the MPSS packages have changed, though. What is the plan here?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Arik_N_Intel
Employee

Thanks Matthias for your question.

This is a known limitation, which is documented in the release notes. We plan to fix it in the next update release.

Until then, you may switch back to MPSS ver 2.1. (Which the OpenCL XE R2 is tested with)

Another option:

While this version of OpenCL was not tested with MPSS 3.1, you may try it out by bypassing the RPM dependency by adding the following RPM option: –nodeps (sudo rpm -i --nodeps *.rpm)

Regards,

Arik

0 Kudos
Matthias_Kretz
New Contributor I

OK, so the question is: how long do I have to wait for a new OpenCL release that works with 3.1?

I installed with --nodeps. Looks good after a first test:

[plain]Platform:   Intel(R) OpenCL
Extensions: cl_khr_global_int32_base_atomics cl_khr_global_int32_extended_atomics cl_khr_local_int32_base_atomics cl_khr_local_int32_extended_atomics cl_khr_byte_addressable_store cl_khr_spir cl_khr_fp64
  Device:                     Genuine Intel(R) CPU  @ 2.60GHz
  Type:       CPU
  Extensions: cl_khr_icd cl_khr_global_int32_base_atomics cl_khr_global_int32_extended_atomics cl_khr_local_int32_base_atomics cl_khr_local_int32_extended_atomics cl_khr_byte_addressable_store cl_khr_spir cl_intel_exec_by_local_thread cl_khr_fp64
  Device:     Intel(R) Many Integrated Core Acceleration Card
  Type:       ACCELERATOR
  Extensions: cl_khr_global_int32_base_atomics cl_khr_global_int32_extended_atomics cl_khr_local_int32_base_atomics cl_khr_local_int32_extended_atomics cl_khr_byte_addressable_store cl_khr_spir cl_khr_fp64
  Device:     Intel(R) Many Integrated Core Acceleration Card
  Type:       ACCELERATOR
  Extensions: cl_khr_global_int32_base_atomics cl_khr_global_int32_extended_atomics cl_khr_local_int32_base_atomics cl_khr_local_int32_extended_atomics cl_khr_byte_addressable_store cl_khr_spir cl_khr_fp64[/plain]

0 Kudos
Arik_N_Intel
Employee

Dear Matthias,

Currently, we cannot share the release date. But we will release a solution in the near future.

Thanks,

Arik

0 Kudos