OpenCL* for CPU
Ask questions and share information on Intel® SDK for OpenCL™ Applications and OpenCL™ implementations for Intel® CPU.
Announcements
This forum covers OpenCL* for CPU only. OpenCL* for GPU questions can be asked in the GPU Compute Software forum. Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™ questions can be ask in the FPGA Intel® High Level Design forum.
1719 Discussions

OpenCL ray tracing benchmark tested with Intel OpenCL SDK Alpha

jogshy
New Contributor I
Hi,

I've just tested your new Intel OpenCL SDK with ratGPU ( www.ratgpu.com ) which is an OpenCL ray tracing renderer / benchmark and your implementation seem to work well:

ratGPU OpenCL Intel SDK
0 Kudos
5 Replies
ARNON_P_Intel
Employee

Great,

We will be glad to learn more from your experience as you are moving forward with your experiments.

0 Kudos
jogshy
New Contributor I
Tested it with your new Alpha SDK x64:

rtapgu intel sdk alpha x64

Your SDK x64 gives a nice speed boost ( 503s vs 565s ) plus I've found it very stable. Good job!
0 Kudos
jogshy
New Contributor I
Test with OpenSUSE 11.4 x64 and your Intel OpenCL 1.1 SDK beta for linux:

ratGPU 0.5.2, OpenSUSE 11.4 x64 and Intel OpenCL 1.1 SDK for linux

Works like a charm! Good job!
Btw, I think you should provide your CL sdk using a .deb / tar package for other distros.... and a x86 version won't neither hurt :p
0 Kudos
ARNON_P_Intel
Employee

Thanks for the feedback, we do appreciate this.

Great to see this applications running on all configurations.

Have you managed to use our tips and tricks and optimize the application respectively?

0 Kudos
jogshy
New Contributor I
The program currently has 3 optimization paths: one for NVIDIA, other for ATI and other for Intel ( although I'm waiting for your final SDK and GPU support to make heavy optimizations ).

I try to follow your tips and tricks guide, yep. However I have a doubt. What's better, a direct memory access to a float4 pointer or a vload? Will be fantastic if you put in that guide some advices about that, pls.

0 Kudos