OpenCL* for CPU
Ask questions and share information on Intel® SDK for OpenCL™ Applications and OpenCL™ implementations for Intel® CPU.
Announcements
This forum covers OpenCL* for CPU only. OpenCL* for GPU questions can be asked in the GPU Compute Software forum. Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™ questions can be ask in the FPGA Intel® High Level Design forum.

Problem Faced during Installation of OpenCL SDK for Knights Landing Processor

Abhishek_R_S
Beginner
Whenever I try to run an OpenCL program on a machine with the Knights Landing Processor, it failed to identify the platform giving an error status of -1001 (absence of a valid ICD).

While installing the SDK it said it successfully installed the ICD, but, when checked in the location mentioned (https://software.intel.com/en-us/node/540392), the ICD was missing.

Also the installed SDK is compatible with CentOS version 7.1 but the version running on the machine with Knights Landing Processor is 7.2. Is this the problem or the problem is with the absence of the ICD ? (if problem is with the ICD, then how should I resolve it?)

Could someone help me out in resolving this issue?
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Jeffrey_M_Intel1
Employee

Xeon Phi is no longer supported.  The deprecated runtimes available on our website only enable the x100 version (formerly known as Knight's Corner).  

0 Kudos