OpenCL* for CPU
Ask questions and share information on Intel® SDK for OpenCL™ Applications and OpenCL™ implementations for Intel® CPU.
Announcements
This forum covers OpenCL* for CPU only. OpenCL* for GPU questions can be asked in the GPU Compute Software forum. Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™ questions can be ask in the FPGA Intel® High Level Design forum.
1719 Discussions

Problem to compile OpenCL sample in VS2012

CLi37
Beginner

There are lots of error to compile OpenCL sample: DirectX with OpenCL, DXVA with OpenCL, .etc. Almost any samples with Windows related will not compiled in VS 2012 Express. I think there may have some include errors because of the upgrade from VS 2010 project to VS2012. Should Intel provide VS 2012 project files as well? I have found auto upgrad errors in my own programs.

BTW Shall I install Media SDK to compile these samples downloaded from Intel's OpenCL sample site?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Chuck_De_Sylva
Beginner

Chang,

You should not need the media SDK to compile your project. You have the latest DirectX SDK installed correct?

- Chuck

0 Kudos
CLi37
Beginner

The sample name is "OpenCL* and Microsoft DirectX* Video Acceleration Surface Sharing". I am running on Windows 8 Pro in Intel's Ultrabook. The OpenCL SDK is the latest beta edition 2013. DirectX SDK is edition (June 2010) no problem. The other samples of OpenCL only display result on console worked fine.

I think Intel need to create new VS 2012 for all its samples because the upgrade from VS 2010 did not work usually.  

0 Kudos