OpenCL* for CPU
Ask questions and share information on Intel® SDK for OpenCL™ Applications and OpenCL™ implementations for Intel® CPU.
Announcements
This forum covers OpenCL* for CPU only. OpenCL* for GPU questions can be asked in the GPU Compute Software forum. Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™ questions can be ask in the FPGA Intel® High Level Design forum.
1718 Discussions

Try OpenCL 2.0 on HD5500 iGPUs

Biao_W_
Beginner

Hi Robert, 

From the experience of using recent Intel OpenCL SDK, it shows that the OpenCL 2.0 is only support for CPU.

The OpenCL version for GPU is still 1.2.

However, by checking Khronos OpenCL products, 

https://www.khronos.org/conformance/adopters/conformant-products/

it seems OpenCL 2.0 now also works on the HD5500 and up iGPUs.

Just want to know whether the latest OpenCL SDK ( or OpenCL Code builder ) support OpenCL 2.0 on HD5500 and up iGPUs ?

BTW, there used to be a nice table that lists the supported platforms and OS systems of OpenCL SDK. 

but it disappears since OpenCL SDK  turns into Code builder and integrated into INTL.

where it is now? 

Best

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Robert_I_Intel
Employee

Hi Biao,

OpenCL 2.0 should work on HD 5300 (but only w/ coarse grain buffer SVM) and on HD5500+ (with fine grain buffer SVM).

The experimental OpenCL 2.0 CPU device should work on 4th Generation Intel(R) Core(TM) Processors with HD4200 - HD5200 graphics (Haswell) and on 5th Generation Intel(R) Core(TM) Processors (Broadwell). You need to provide "-cl-std=CL2.0" flag to clBuildProgram to build your program for OpenCL 2.0 device, since by default your program will be build for OpenCL 1.2.

I'll ask about the disappeared table.

0 Kudos
rtfss1gmail_com
Beginner

Does new Intel HD 515 Skylake GPU in Core M products support ​fine grain buffer SVM under OpenCL 2.0 or like HD5300 supports coarse grain only?

0 Kudos
Robert_I_Intel
Employee

Intel(R) 6th Generation processors with HD Graphics 515 should fully support fine grain buffer SVM.

0 Kudos