OpenCL* for CPU
Ask questions and share information on Intel® SDK for OpenCL™ Applications and OpenCL™ implementations for Intel® CPU.
Announcements
This forum covers OpenCL* for CPU only. OpenCL* for GPU questions can be asked in the GPU Compute Software forum. Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™ questions can be ask in the FPGA Intel® High Level Design forum.

Trying to install OpenCl Driver open mac

Mike_C_7
Beginner

Hi all, 

I am trying to install the OpenCL driver on my macbook pro, which has an Intel HD 4000 GPU. I searched around for a while, and finally found the Intel INDE development package, which I downloaded and tried to install, but got this error:

Error while executing the startup script. Make sure that you have write permissions to /Users/Shared/Library/Application Support/Intel/Licenses folder.

However, I checked and this folder does not exist. 

Two questions: How do I resolve this error? and is there a simpler way to just get the OpenCL driver?

Thanks!!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Robert_I_Intel
Employee

Mike,

Couple of questions:

1. What Operating System are you running on the MacBook Pro? If it is OS X, it comes preinstalled with an OpenCL driver. Intel does not provide the driver for Mac, Apple does. If you think you are missing an OpenCL driver on your Mac, please contact Apple Developer Forum.

2. You might try to create /Users/Shared/Library/Application Support/Intel/Licenses directory yourself and give it 777 permissions to circumvent the issue that you are reporting.

0 Kudos
Mike_C_7
Beginner

I am running osx Mavericks, so it should come with OpenCL installed. But when I run "clinfo", it returnes a command not found, and a program that is supposed to use it cannot, so I don't think its there. 

I resolved the issue by doing what you said, the installer worked and all, but "clinfo" still returns nothing.

0 Kudos
Robert_I_Intel
Employee

Mike,

You might want to grab clinfo code from here: https://github.com/simleb/clinfo and build it yourself.

0 Kudos
Robert_I_Intel
Employee

And here is another alternative that looks to be actively supported: https://github.com/Oblomov/clinfo

0 Kudos