OpenCL* for CPU
Ask questions and share information on Intel® SDK for OpenCL™ Applications and OpenCL™ implementations for Intel® CPU.
Announcements
This forum covers OpenCL* for CPU only. OpenCL* for GPU questions can be asked in the GPU Compute Software forum. Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™ questions can be ask in the FPGA Intel® High Level Design forum.
1719 Discussions

Unable to install OpenCL SDK Linux

loki_88
Beginner
Upon running , "sudo rpm -i intel_ocl_sdk_2012_x64.rpm", I get the error "file /usr/lib64/libOpenCL.so from install of intel-ocl-sdk-2.0-31360.x86_64 conflicts with file from package nvidia-computeG02-295.40-15.1.x86_64".

I have Nvidia's drivers installed for using Nvidia's OpenCL capability. I have previously had Intel OpenCL SDK 1.5 installed and it worked fine but I uninstalled before attempting this upgrade. Any ideas on how to resolve this?

OpenSuSE 12.1 64bit

uname -a: 3.1.10-1.9-desktop #1 SMP PREEMPT Thu Apr 5 18:48:38 UTC 2012 (4a97ec8) x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Regards,

Ken
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Uri_L_Intel
Employee

Hello Ken,

libOpenCL.so (OpenCL ICD) is a common library (part of the OpenCL standard) that being distributed by any OpenCL vendor, including Intel and NVIDIA.

Since the library is already installed on the system, the RMP fails to overwrite the file and shows this error message.

In order to solve the problem, our recommendation is to un-install NVIDIAs OpenCL driver and re-install Intel package.

If you would like to use both NVIDIA and Intel SDKs on the same target machine, try to use the --force or --replacefiles flags when installing the RPM package this allows you to install the package even if it replaces another package's files.

Thanks,

Uri

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Uri_L_Intel
Employee

Hello Ken,

libOpenCL.so (OpenCL ICD) is a common library (part of the OpenCL standard) that being distributed by any OpenCL vendor, including Intel and NVIDIA.

Since the library is already installed on the system, the RMP fails to overwrite the file and shows this error message.

In order to solve the problem, our recommendation is to un-install NVIDIAs OpenCL driver and re-install Intel package.

If you would like to use both NVIDIA and Intel SDKs on the same target machine, try to use the --force or --replacefiles flags when installing the RPM package this allows you to install the package even if it replaces another package's files.

Thanks,

Uri

0 Kudos
loki_88
Beginner
Thanks, the --force flag solved the issue.
0 Kudos