OpenCL* for CPU
Ask questions and share information on Intel® SDK for OpenCL™ Applications and OpenCL™ implementations for Intel® CPU.
Announcements
This forum covers OpenCL* for CPU only. OpenCL* for GPU questions can be asked in the GPU Compute Software forum. Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™ questions can be ask in the FPGA Intel® High Level Design forum.

clCreateProgramWithBinary segfault

spiridonov__igor
Beginner

Hello.

I get segfault on cpu device when I use clCreateProgramWithBinary with "enqueue_kernel" of opencl 2.0 

Here is simple example - https://github.com/OmegaDoom/clCreateProgramWithBinary-segfault

If we change device to gpu then no segfault.

I have latest graphics driver - win64_24.20.100.6323

Intel® Core™ i7-7820HQ CPU @ 2.90GHz

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Michael_C_Intel1

Hi IgorS,

Thanks for such an insightful issue report.

Which cpu implementation/device name/platform are you using?

Can you try Intel® CPU Runtime for OpenCL™ Applications 18.1 to use the CPU device? It debuted last week. At this point, any related changes would go into this implementation. This implementation replaces experimental cpu implementations included with the SDK and the 16.1.2 release.

See the Linux* OS and Windows* OS CPU downloads on this page: https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/opencl-drivers

-MichaelC

0 Kudos
spiridonov__igor
Beginner

Hi Michael.

The problem still exists on driver 25.20.100.6326 (although it's good that qt is working now:)).

I wasn't precise. clCreateProgramWithBinary itself doesn't segfault. It's clEnqueueReadBuffer that throws but only with combination of clCreateProgramWithBinary.

I'm using first suitable intel platform - Intel(R) OpenCL and device - OpenCL 2.1 (Build 716)

0 Kudos
Michael_C_Intel1

Thanks for the reproducer. I've created internal filing (reference #3724) w.r.t to this issue describing my findings for the dev team.

-MichaelC

0 Kudos
spiridonov__igor
Beginner

Thank you Michael.

This problem arose when I tried to use pyopencl. By default it cashes kernels with clCreateProgramWithBinary similar to my example.  it's possible to turn it off but better to fix this bug.

0 Kudos