OpenCL* for CPU
Ask questions and share information on Intel® SDK for OpenCL™ Applications and OpenCL™ implementations for Intel® CPU.
Announcements
This forum covers OpenCL* for CPU only. OpenCL* for GPU questions can be asked in the GPU Compute Software forum. Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™ questions can be ask in the FPGA Intel® High Level Design forum.

libmic files not found - Intel SDK for ocl Applications 2013 xe beta sdk

guillaume_s_1
Beginner

Hey everyone,

I got some problem with the installation of the OpenCL SDK. I would like to test OpenCL on Xeon phi so i installed the lastest version of OpenCL sdk, I downloaded intel_sdk_for_ocl_applications_2013_xe_beta_sdk_3.0.56860_x64.tgz 

Here's the following package inside:

opencl-1.2-base-3.0.56860-1.x86_64.rpm

opencl-1.2-devel-3.0.56860-1.x86_64.rpm

opencl-1.2-intel-cpu-3.0.56860-1.x86_64.rpm

opencl-1.2-intel-devel-3.0.56860-1.x86_64.rpm

So i followed the install instruction but it seems that there's a file missing in /opt/intel/opencl

i got:

bin

doc

etc

include

lib64

but there's not libmic.

Any idea of what I did wrong ?

Thanks 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Uri_L_Intel
Employee

Hello Guillaume,

In order to enable Intel® Xeon Phi™ coprocessor as an OpenCL* device you’ll need to install Intel SDK for OpenCL* Application XE 2013 Beta - Intel® Xeon Phi™ support package

This package is not available for download directly from the Intel SDK for OpenCL* Applications website and required special registration (once clicked on the Download button, select “Intel® Xeon Phi™ OpenCL Driver (Registration Required)”)

Thanks,

Uri

0 Kudos
guillaume_s_1
Beginner

Hey Uri,

Thank you for your answer, but I already tried to get this but each time I registered to get the driver I could only download the CPU driver and not for PHI:

intel_sdk_for_ocl_applications_2013_xe_beta_cpu_runtime_3.0.56860_x64

I tried to download it today but it says "Your licence expired on 4/30/2013". I don't understand because I don't have any licence for anything... I just want OpenCL stuff to work on PHI.

thanks

Guillaume,

0 Kudos
guillaume_s_1
Beginner

Hey Uri,

Thank you for your answer, but i already tried to download the PHI support package via the link you mentionned but each time I tried I was redirected to a download page where I could only download the CPU driver:

intel_sdk_for_ocl_applications_2013_xe_beta_cpu_runtime_3.0.56860_x64.tar

I tried today to download but when I registered it says "Your licence was expired on 4/30/2013". I don't understand because I don't have any licence for anything...

Thanks

0 Kudos
guillaume_s_1
Beginner

Up!

0 Kudos