OpenCL* for CPU
Ask questions and share information on Intel® SDK for OpenCL™ Applications and OpenCL™ implementations for Intel® CPU.
Announcements
This forum covers OpenCL* for CPU only. OpenCL* for GPU questions can be asked in the GPU Compute Software forum. Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™ questions can be ask in the FPGA Intel® High Level Design forum.

__ocl_svml_l9.so: error: symbol lookup error: undefined symbol: _ocl_svml_l9_powrf8_half and others

Rohit_R_
Beginner

Hi,

I get the following runtime errors on Linux.

/opt/intel/opencl-1.2-6.4.0.25/lib64/__ocl_svml_l9.so: error: symbol lookup error: undefined symbol: _ocl_svml_l9_powrf8_half

(fatal)

similar errors occur for

*   _ocl_svml_l9_powrf8

*   _ocl_svml_l9_powrf8_half

*   _ocl_svml_l9_cvtfptoi32rtesatf4

*   _ocl_svml_l9_cvtfptoi32rtenosatf8

*   _ocl_svml_l9_cvtfptoi32rtesatf8

*   _ocl_svml_l9_powrf1_half

*   _ocl_svml_l9_cvtfptoi32rtenosatf1

*   _ocl_svml_l9_powrf4_half

*   _ocl_svml_l9_cvtfptoi32rtesatf1

*   _ocl_svml_l9_powrf4

*   _ocl_svml_l9_idiv8

*   _ocl_svml_l9_cvtfptou32rtesatf1

*   _ocl_svml_l9_cvtfptou32rtesatf4

*   _ocl_svml_l9_cvtfptou32rtesatf8

Which library should I link with to resolve these errors?

Thanks,

Rohit

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Ben_A_Intel
Employee

Can you say more about your system configuration and what you're trying to do when you get this error?

0 Kudos
Shubha_R_Intel
Employee

Hi there. If you could provide more information about the system configuration (Ubuntu, CentOS, Fedora ?) as well as the precise steps you followed to reproduce this error we'd be appreciative. Meanwhile, we shall also install OpenCL and attempt to reproduce the issue.  

0 Kudos
Rohit_R_
Beginner

Hi,

Please find additional details below.

Configuration:
Ubuntu 14.04 LTS 64 bit version. I have installed Intel OpenCL Runtime 1.2-6.4.0.25. I have Intel OpenCL CPU device listed in clinfo on Linux.

I am facing this issue when we run our application that was compiled with Clang++ version 3.7.

Rohit

0 Kudos