I built my own workstation with 10980XE, 256 GB Ram, and Quadro+Tesla Accelerators.
And I found the simulation speed is too slow for the computer spec.
When I checked the clock speed of the CPU using CPU-Z, I found that it is fixed to 1.2 GHz.
In Bios setup, it is also fixed to 1.2GHz and I cannot change the clock by using the overclocking menu in the bios. Regardless of what ratio and base clock I choose, it fixed to be 1.2 GHz.
The computer is powered by 1000 W PSU.
MB is MSI X299 Sli Plus
G.Skill 256 GB (32X8) Rams with XMP setup 3.6 GHz are used.
This PC is water-cooled so, CPU temperature never goes above 45 degrees.
I have tried
1. change windows power mode to the performance mode.
2. Changed registry value to 3
3. Re-plugged all the internal power cables.
4. Plugged the PC main power directly to the wall.
5. Turned off all other devices connected to the PC,
6. Removed all the USB devices but the mouse and a keyboard
7. Tried several M/B bios versions.
But all the trials didn't work.
As you can see in the pictures, the CPU performance score is too low for the actual cost I spent.
Is there anything I could do?
Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities.
Please share with us the following information:
I will send you an e-mail to the e-mail address associated with your community profile requesting some reports that may contain sensitive information.
Intel Customer Support Technician